DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 66 of 70 First ... 16566465666768 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    @t3xx3r,

Thanks for the report. Looks like I need to go update a few things from this last FGU update. I will post back an update to the ruleset.
    I'll keep messing around when I get the new update and let you know if there's any errors.

Hi Paul, first of all thank you very, very much for your efforts to keep the FFG Rulebooks and their fantastic work alive with your fantastic work. I ran into the problem that one of my players can not (due to different issues) switch to FGU, so we use FGC for the moment. Considering your actual ruleset only works for FGU, and having used the search tool in-forum aswell as some google-fu, I - for the life of me - can't find a working copy of your multi-ruleset still working for FGC classic. Could you send me to the right post/link?
    For all the additional work I may cause you - sorry, and thank you in advance.

EDIT: the charactersheets do work in FGC, but I cannot access most functionality I CAN (!) access on FGU, especially the "options" menu.

Instead I get several warnings (apologies if this has already been solved and I have been too dumb to search for that):
    Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (anchor_bottom_utilitybox) in windowclass (options)
    Ruleset Error: windowlist: Could not find windowclass (options_button) for control (list_buttons) in windowclass (options)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(list) anchoring to an undefined control (bottomanchor) in windowclass (options)
    Ruleset Error: window: Control(list) anchoring to an undefined control (bottomanchor) in windowclass (options)
    Last edited by Fabsomatic; July 28th, 2022 at 17:26.

I am updating the ruleset currently. There was an update to FGU recently that produced many errors in the ruleset. I am also checking to see if I can get this to work in FGC again. If I cannot, then I will reach out to you and see if we can find an older version of the set that still works in FGC.

Updated .pak file. Please see the first post of this thread.

I checked compatibility with FGC. With this update, I didn't find any errors clicking around and testing combat and cycling options. Let me know if there are errors with FGC. Please make sure to be updated and no extensions running when reporting errors.

First of all: Thanks for the quick answer and work on this.
    Second: yes, some warnings still persist. I'll try to adress those that I've found so far. I've removed every single extension for the sake of making this work (tbh, I have not checked every single page in this thread):
    - starting up:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/data_desktop_40K.lua"]:7: attempt to call field 'setSidebarDockCategoryIconColor' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/data_library_40K.lua"]:65: attempt to call field 'overrideRecordTypes' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_char_encumbrance.lua"]:94: attempt to call field 'registerCallback' (a nil value)

- dice colors:
    Script Error: [string "utility/scripts/pointer_selection.lua"]:17: attempt to call global 'addBitmapWidget' (a nil value)

- option menu:
    Ruleset Error: windowlist: Could not find windowclass (options_button) for control (list_buttons) in windowclass (options)

- Library:
    Ruleset Error: window: Control() anchoring to an undefined control (buttonanchor) in windowclass (library) (it turns up repeatedly, afaik/understand trying to load a missing piece of data without success)

I've got the sneaking suspicion I am partly to blame of it by not getting an actual ruleset module aka "Basic Rules" (which I did not immediately find, still searching for it) ready for the library, so far I've been copying most of the items, weapons, armor and vehicles manually into the database.
    Edit: Data exporting (the "?" inside Library sub-menu on the high-left) also shows massive errors. Not sure if this is relevant to you aswell.
    Last edited by Fabsomatic; July 31st, 2022 at 14:57.

@fabsomatic,

I don't want to post and potentially confuse folks regarding which .pak file to use for which version of FG. PM me and I can get you the last stable version of the ruleset that I have for FGC. A few posts back, I mention this ruleset will no longer support FGC. It is currently only compatible with FHU. If you use the latest .pak it will throw errors. The very first error in your list tells me the tale so to speak.

-PS: there are no modules for this ruleset. The game is copyright protected and items, skills, etc. need to be filled in manually as you have.

Paul, I tested out the tabs I had problems with. I tinkered with the fields in them and found no errors. The fields with missing names tend to throw errors. Thank you for making this ruleset FGU compatible.
    Last edited by t3xx3r; August 6th, 2022 at 17:35.

Hi Paul,

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but it seems the tab button for add item in charater creation is missing?

@jfletc12,

There isn't an add item button on the character creation window. Right click for the add option. I try to mirror CoreRPG, and need to look into adding this as a button.

It also seems with the latest release I need to clean up the party sheet. I will make an effort to find any issues and get an update posted.

Thanks for all your amazing work setting up this ruleset! Looks amazing thus far. Quick early questions for you as I'm looking around and making some changes for my Campaign, I was attempting to update some information from the DH1 Rulebook for reference notes on Skills for the players. The Skills feature is under the Character heading in the Right Nav. When I accessed it initially, I didn't see any skill records at all. When I updated the list with pulling them from the character sheet or adding directly to a group in the Character - Skills, it creates a copy and doesn't update the default filtered records on the character sheet. When I close out and refresh the character sheet, it appears to default back to the filtered list. Is there a way to correct this? Perhaps make the initial skills you've configured appear on the Skills List and editable or other ideas? I'm probably missing something.

When accessing the Party Sheet, Sitting on the Order Tab - There is a Green Square image blocking access to this tab.PartySheet.PNG

Cheers, and thanks in advance for your help.

Thread Information