5E Character Create Playlist
Page 49 of 70 First ... 39474849505159 ... Last
    Ohhh, well there's me being a fool. Thanks mate

Oh no fool, it's not a "feature" or meant to be that way...just something I could never close the loop on while allowing middle mouse wheel. In fact, I didn't know about that for a long time!

OK, new .pak up. Changes for FG 3.3.11b and first pass at FGU compatibility.

**Back up your campaigns. There are two areas where data points have changed. The notes page for player characters - Notes, Background notes, and Campaign notes; Mastered Skill notes area on the Skills tab; finally the NPC sheet Talent effects. These will be blank in your existing campaigns.
    **Note: In FGU the Proven/Tearing weapon Quality is displaying an incorrect Total for the damage. The damage is being calculated and applied to the target correctly. Working to resolve the display issue, since it is graphical and not impacting play I have released the ruleset with Proven/Tearing as an active feature.
    Specifically, it's the roll total that may not be correct. It displays the correct die/dice used and modifier, even displays the correct die amount for Proven or Tearing. It's the "total" of the roll that is incorrect. Just in that white bubble display when you first roll. The automation report (orange text) is correct.

Try it out, let me know if there are issues.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; August 27th, 2020 at 16:23.

Sweet!

PS: Any thoughts on the new W&G by Cubicle 7?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I don't have a copy of the C7 revision. I see that the .pdf is out, I didn't know that. I will have to pick it up and see if they fixed it. I am mulling over a major graphics and character sheet overhaul. This may be the spur to finish it.

Here's an unfinished sample of the character sheet frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like the new character sheet frame!
    Do you plan to make the new graphics delivered as extension or part of the ruleset?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

It is such a radical reformatting of the entire set. I layered this on CoreRPG, but have continued to step away from it graphically or make compromises graphically to adhere to CoreRPG. It's more maintenance in the end, but I think it will become the base ruleset graphics.

The Unity appears to be working really well for a first draft at compatability, so well done there. One thing I've noticed though in both versions is that I cannot drag Ship Components from Items into the Ship Sheet itself. The Component Section appears to be made from Data Entries as opposed to Items and I was wondering if this was the intent?

Yes, the components where made as data not items. I made ship weapons, and ship craft as items. They will auto populate the fields for their lists when dropped.
    For the components, they are more like talents, so I made the data to reduce the amount of individual libraries in the ruleset.

Something to note in FGU: Tearing and Proven - the white box that lists the die roll can display incorrect data, the actual reported (orange text) damage applied to an NPC or PC is correct though. Specifically, it's the roll total that may not be correct. It displays the correct die/dice used and modifier, even displays the correct die amount for Proven or Tearing. It's the "total" of the roll that is incorrect. Just in that white bubble display when you first roll. The automation report (orange text) is correct.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; August 27th, 2020 at 16:22.

Ah, that makes sense, and thanks for replying so quickly.

Good to know regarding the automated damage dice as well, would probably have caused me some hair tearing moments trying to figure out why the damage was displaying differently

Thread Information