FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 46 of 70 First ... 36444546474856 ... Last
    Hi, we're checking this ruleset with a friend to movre from Roll20 to Fantasy Ground and we discovered a bug (we are using fg version 3.3.10).
    Everything seems to work fine but when we try to add npcs to the CT, we are having the following error: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat_add_pc.lua]:449 attempt to call field 'getCombatantNodes' (a nil value) and it doesn't add the npc to the tracker.
    Thank you for this ruleset btw, it seems really great and you seemed to have worked a lot on it
    Last edited by Celtaidd; June 10th, 2020 at 00:56.

Let me check this out. I will have it sorted as quick as possible.

@Celtaidd,

I can't recreate this error. Can you walk me thru the steps? A screen shot if possible? I have created multiple new campaigns, created NPC's and PC's and can not recreate. Are you using the latest download from the first post in this thread?

Is anyone else having this problem?

I would like to solve the issue but need some help tracking it down. Things on my end are working as expected.

While tracking down the issue above, I did not a an error that could happen when creating an effect in the main tab of the NPC sheet. It was a small error that did not effect play, but I have fixed it. A new .pak file is posted.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; June 13th, 2020 at 16:54.

I've created a new campaign, using only your extensions
    I've loaded the extensions (and some map packs)
    I've created a NPC with a name and, stats to 30 and a token (nothing more)
    When I try to drag the npc into the Combat Tracker I have exactly this message (I just saw that there was other warnings I hadn't seen previously (most surely missed them)

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_targeting.lua"]:12: attempt to call field 'setCustomDeleteCombatantHandler' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:26: attempt to call field 'setCustomDeleteCombatantHandler' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat_add_pc.lua"]:449: attempt to call field 'getCombatantNodes' (a nil value)

The last line of the error is the only one repeating when I try to drag the npc again in the CT
    By being a dev too, I know how horrible it can be to debug something that miraculously doesn't bug on your side. So glhf xD

edit: I tried to use the encounter way to put it in the CT, it doesn't work too (as I expected) but I can drop it in the encounter (if that helps you in any way)
    edit 2: I can affirm that my friend is having the exact same problem while trying to use your ruleset
    Last edited by Celtaidd; June 12th, 2020 at 22:10.

Are you using FGU or FGC... Unity or Classic? This ruleset is only compatible with classic currently.

I ask because the first 2 errors aren't related to the ruleset, they are from CoreRPG. Once they are throw, the third error makes sense and will persist. I will check and see if there was a CoreRPG update that created this.

Also, make sure you do not have any subfolders expanded under your rulesets directory that would override the downloaded versions.

Regards,
    JPG

I don't have any subfoler under my ruleset directory and I'm using Classic, not Unity. Also, my CoreRPG is up to date so it is possible that it comes from there.

@Celtaidd,

I updated CoreRPG, downloaded the .pak file from the first post here and still can't recreate this. I spent about 3 hours debugging the calls and can't see where, or why this is failing for you. I will ask this, redownload the .pak from the first post, create a new campaign, use no extensions or modules, and let me know the results.

@40k users, is anyone else seeing this issue? Anyone willing to create a test campaign and see if a new campaign throws an error? I need some help here. I would like to resolve the issue, but I am stumped right now.

I've completely redownloaded everything and cleared what wasn't needed (and my friend too) and it seems to work now when using no extension or only yours. I'm very sorry for making you waste time on this -_-.

Thread Information