FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 16 of 70 First ... 614151617182666 ... Last
    Hi All

I began receiving this script error since last FG update - it hasnt impacted me but figured I'd share since I found another person with the same issue using a Shadowrun rules set:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...p/t-43618.html

GIST:

Getting the following script error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_targeting.lua"]:10: attempt to call field 'setCustomDeleteCombatantHandler' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:20: attempt to call field 'setCustomDeleteCombatantHandler' (a nil value)

If an extension is not the issue (disable all extensions to determine), then see below.

Those scripts were updated in the CoreRPG base ruleset layer, which Shadowrun is built on. You'll have to ask the community developer to make sure they are not overwriting those scripts, or it will cause errors. Replacing any of the CoreRPG global scripts will cause the ruleset to need updating with most FG releases.

>>> I figured out this is due to Enhanced Images 40k from your older ruleset Paul for dark heresy:
    File Type: ext Enhanced Images (40k).ext (34.0 KB, 148 views)

I kno its not a part of this ruleset but I've been using it without a hitch otherwise > just that prompt comes up is all

please advise? (ty morbid)

Morbid,

The basic Enhanced Images works for 40k too. I stopped updating the 40k extension because it was no longer needed.

Thank you for the great ruleset! I've been slowly and painstakingly trying to add what's in my DH v1 books into a campaign using this rulset. My hop is that if I pack it all up in a module, my players can access it on the server and enable them to drag and drop. This'll also allow me to finish up a partial utomated character generator I cobbled together using the random tables in the books. :-P

When I click on "Character Reference Sheet" to to open the "Reference Guide" windows in the Notes section of the Character sheet, I got the error below. Despite the error, the reference sheet is populated properly with the action types.
    Code:
    Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_text.lua"]:46: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet_ref)
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thanks Valyar, I had forgotten about that one.

That was a quick solution for a request. I am aware of the error, but since it didn't affect anything (and would only ever been seen once when a character set the ref guide to the value needed) I haven't gone back and really put some time into solving this.

If I remember correctly I need to work around the issue of the button cycler and populating a new list. Right now it works with an error since I am forcing someone to click and "add" to the list which fires an update and I can get the list populated.

A question came up from my players - how to use the ammo check-box in the combat tab of the character sheet? Is it supposed to automatically reduce the clip after attack is made or it is to be updated manually based on the attack (it was my assumption)?

Also - I noticed that if i equip two armour sets, the calculations take into account the latest one equipped. Game rules state that only the higher AP counts, but I guess the way that sheet calculates (yay, i remember the code), make it impossible to take two or more sets into account and we have to make manual adjustments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Valyar; June 7th, 2018 at 18:55.

1. The ammo counter is manual.
    2. If you have two armor sets, then make a custom piece of armor for it. The equipped armor will only allow for one set.

Quick question:
    When dealing with Accurate weapons, how do I add the +1d10 per 2 degrees of success(max of +2d10) to the damage?
    I'm guessing I should have a +1d10 damage and a +2d10 damage effects at the ready, but I don't know how to make them work.

Quote Originally Posted by Samzagas View Post
    Quick question:
    When dealing with Accurate weapons, how do I add the +1d10 per 2 degrees of success(max of +2d10) to the damage?
    I'm guessing I should have a +1d10 damage and a +2d10 damage effects at the ready, but I don't know how to make them work.
    The player with the sniper weapon is either amending by hand the Damage of the weapon before the damage is rolled, or rolls standalone d10s in the chat and I simply subtract it from NPC's Wounds in the combat tracker.

In my group we have the weapon set up with the damage altered for the +1d10 or +2d10 as needed. True, its 3 weapon entries, but it is pretty fast.

I will also look at adding this to the conditional ranged abilities - Melta, Maximal, Razor Sharp - there is room to add Accurate +1 (checkbox), +2 (checkbox). Accurate works similar to tearing in the sense that it just adds additional dice to the roll, so the vehicle is already in the code. I will look and report back.

Thread Information