STAR TREK 2d20
Page 15 of 70 First ... 513141516172565 ... Last
    I have noticed that if I have Armour that covers "Arms, Body" (such as Heavy Leathers and Flak Cloak in DH2 and similar.), the values are not applied properly and go to all sections.

I did some string search in the files (slowly figuring out what is where) and it seems culprit is the function calcItemArmorClass in manager_char.lua file. It misses a condition for "Arms, Body" string.

Following your code I added the section below and it is now applied properly. I did some testing and I don't think it breaks anything else, as whatever functions and scripts I could find they refer the DB values armor.ra and etc. Am I correct?

In addition - is there a way to tweak the ruleset for the Max Agility rules existing in DH2? It basically states that for the purposes of movement and Ag Bonus during combat the Max value you can have is the one specified by the armour.

For example, an Acolyte with Ag 50 while wearing Feudal World plate will have effective Agility of 25 for the purpose of Movement, Dodge and etc.

Code:
        elseif sCoverage == "Arms, Body" then
            DB.setValue(nodeChar, "armor.ra", "number", nArmorValue);
            DB.setValue(nodeChar, "armor.la", "number", nArmorValue);
            DB.setValue(nodeChar, "armor.body", "number", nArmorValue);
            DB.setValue(nodeChar, "rightarmarmor", "string", sName);
            DB.setValue(nodeChar, "leftarmarmor", "string", sName);
            DB.setValue(nodeChar, "bodyarmor", "string", sName);
            if sPrim == "Primitive" then
                DB.setValue(nodeChar, "prim.ra", "number", 1);
                DB.setValue(nodeChar, "prim.la", "number", 1);
                DB.setValue(nodeChar, "prim.body", "number", 1);
                DB.setValue(nodeChar, "prim.hordes", "number", 1);             
            end

DB.setValue(nodeChar, "armor.hordes", "number", nArmorValue);
            DB.setValue(nodeChar, "armortype", "string", sName);
    Last edited by Valyar; May 20th, 2018 at 15:28.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Nice catch. I forgot that combination. It should be in there.

As far as Max Agility, instead of looking for one off items that had additional rules, use persistent effects in the gear section. I would set up, "Persistent; AG:-25" for the case described above.

The Persistent option for gear works great, indeed. Also the Initiative roll is included in the calculation, superb. I also found the "Misc" field in the Characteristics setup as alternative, because some keep forgetting to reduce their speed, because the effect does not touch the movement section

Some things that came up after the last combat (the automation is so awesome when PC/NPCs are set up properly!!!)
    • I noticed that "Crushing Blow" for DH2 set rounds down the WS bonus instead of up as in the rulebook. WS 31 should result in 2 extra damage instead of 1.
      Same rounding rule goes for the Hammer Blow in DH2, but I don't know how it can enabled from the character sheet. We add it manually so far for post calculation of All-Out-Attack or as weapon detail.
    • The Gear/Talents effect that impact STR (as the example with the Power Armour), they do not apply automatically the Damage calculations. Must be added as Weapon Detail, correct?
    • I really love the cover effects implemented. With this ruleset is much more enjoying to have firefights with a lot of obstacles. If I read the "code" COVERRS - covers RIGHT SIDE of the character and COVERLS - LEFT side, therefore the arms should be in reverse? This is from perspective of the character behind the cover and from the one shooting at it. I might be confused in my interpreting the settings though.

COVERRS: The Body, Left Arm, Legs report “covered”.
    COVERLS: The Body, Right Arm, Legs report “covered”.

Power Armor, would need an additional line using STRB for the strength bonus adding to damage. It works. Use STRB:2 for the additional +20 strength. The automation for the effect may report PEN: + x, its a bug I have been hunting, but it calcs correct. (**edit: found the bug and fixed it).

Of course DH2 has to be that slight bit different than the rest of the line that rounds down. I will change that for Crushing Blow, Hammer Blow, and Mighty Shot. (**edit: this may take a bit, I need to do a bit of work to get lua to round up properly.)

COVERRS would mean the right side of the PC's body is covered from their perspective. If they shoot right handed, then they wouldn't be shooting, or would shoot off handed to keep the right arm in cover. Right handed shooter's would be seeking COVERLS most of the time. Shooting with two hands means COVERL or COVERH depending on how they are exposed and shooting.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; May 21st, 2018 at 08:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    COVERRS would mean the right side of the PC's body is covered from their perspective. If they shoot right handed, then they wouldn't be shooting, or would shoot off handed to keep the right arm in cover. Right handed shooter's would be seeking COVERLS most of the time. Shooting with two hands means COVERL or COVERH depending on how they are exposed and shooting.
    Then shouldn't the arms be changed in the cover?
    If COVERRS covers the right side of the body, then the effect should not cover the left arm as it does now? Same goes for COVERLS - the right arm should not be covered.

PS: DH2...

I am not following you on this one.

When I roll against COVERRS, if the shot is a success then the report text will report ">>Covered<<" for every location but Left Arm and Head.

It is working as intended in the testing I just performed. Are you finding a different result? Screen please if so, I can not recreate what you have described above.

[MODERATOR - Sorry guys - come on! Please don't request copyright protected material on these forums. Hypothetical or otherwise.]
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 23rd, 2018 at 22:47.

Hypothetically speaking, it is absolutely possible.

.pak posted addressing the missing armor location combinations.

Fantastic!

Thread Information