DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 70 First ... 412131415162464 ... Last

I do plan to look at Wrath and Glory.

As far as the ruleset currently, I am open to suggestions for improvement.

I think the following enhancements might improve the quality of life of players a lot:

Re-sizable character sheet - big pain in all rulesets, but now with the resizable feature in core it is much much better. This will allow for example the Trait box to take more than 3. Currently if i add 3 traits I can't scroll down and they are lost. For example I have my Role bonuses added as trait, same for Home World bonuses for DH2. I don't either see the scroll bar or the scroll wheel does not work. Same is valid for the other boxes.

Bigger fonts - I tried few extensions but they messed the color or the font type. I play on 15" 1920x1080 and 24" 1920x1200... Will appreciate bigger letters on the laptop with /scaleui independently. I tried to modify the ruleset or the extensions I found, but the results were not good. Still learning how to mod FG
    As there is no dynamic option to increase fonts during play, I guess the only proper way to do it is to have it as separate .ext as your Alt Image one with desired font size.

Testing: Creating data entry on character sheets (such as Mutation) does not create automatically entries in the Data library. I have to drag it there to appear a copy. Is this how it is supposed to be?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Valyar,

You can middle mouse wheel on all lists to scroll them. The traits, home world, and a few others do not have scroll bars simply due to room on the sheet.

I have had the character sheet resizable in prior releases. It caused me issues with some layout due to the various rulesets one sheet is handling, so I abandoned it. I have thought about laying it out again, but it is an enormous effort.

Fonts, this too is an enormous effort. Change font size and I have to essentially layout the graphics again. I play on 2-36" 1920 x 1080's, I know what you mean about font size.

When creating an entry on the character sheet it will not automatically generate in the library. It must be dragged there. Skills, Talents, Data Reference, etc... all must be dragged over if created on the PC sheet. I haven't seen a ruleset that auto generates library entries. Normally, the library entries are created, exported as a module, and shared with players for ease of use.

After I dug around fonts and tried to understand how they are implemented and how a window is skinned/organized, it looks quite an endeavor to me. I am still far from being useful member of the modding community (have to learn LUA and what is exposed by FG), but I can be code monkey if something needs to be done to help here. Still, I will need guidance from experienced people, it is something to consider if you want. One thing is sure - I am not leaving 40k Roleplay behind, as this is my favorite setting.

On the ruleset, yesterday we encountered error when rolling for Influence during the "market day".
    Code:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_skill.lua"]:167: attempt to concatenate local 'sAbil' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_skill.lua"]:167: attempt to concatenate local 'sAbil' (a nil value)
    The line mentioned is part of IF/ELSEIF statement that does not include Influence as possible value for sAbil variable. Funny thing is that I recall long ago being able to roll influence, but I didn't managed to duplicate this success yesterday.

My player also noticed that the "Rank" remains after the character name in the "Characters" library after one is created and does not disappear when rules are changed for the character from DH1 to other.

Are you rolling from the character sheet or the party sheet?
    **Never mind found it fixed it.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; May 14th, 2018 at 15:18.

Edited: The Party Sheet's Influence next to the Inquisitor is not rollable.
    Last edited by Valyar; May 14th, 2018 at 17:55.

Today I finished the data upload from RW to FG. I wanted to have full libraries with same content that my players and I are enjoying in RW. I think that there should be at least two or three additional libraries in addition to Data, to support the this type of structure. I find putting so many various types of data into the Data library quite bulky to handle, unless there is a way to open the Data library's windows twice? Attached is a screen from part of my Data Library.

The suggestion:
    Rules Reference <- to contain various rules. I tried with Notes or Stories, but those must be shared first and do not really match the idea behind those two libraries.
    Traits <- traits are in all games, can even accommodate the Astarte's ones.
    Then maybe the long shot:
    Home Worlds / Roles / Backgrounds or at least library for category common with all rulesets.

What is the best way to log entries for Weapon Special Qualities, Weapon Modifications, Weapon Upgrades, Armor Upgrades, Cybernetics? When I cycle through the pre-defined list in the items section I can only think of using the " - " general category. Attached is also a screenshot from my Realm Work's Mechanic categories, illustrates what I want to achieve in FG.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Valyar; May 14th, 2018 at 21:07.

Valyar,

I use the "-" for a catch all for gear items. The description is what is needed since its really for reference, it won't drop or be used for the automation.

I PM'd you regarding the balance. I really think what you are after are reference modules. Something more than additional libraries for organization.

New. pak posted for those who use DH2.

A small suggestion for improvement for the next release:

The Item object to have "Used with" either in the "-" category or have "Weapon Modification" defined. This is for data clarity. Currently, only Ammunition category has this field, but it is also valid for Weapon Modifications. Since the unused fields are hidden when sheet is locked, this will not have impact on readability and clarify of data, only improve it.

Attached is screenshot to visualize this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information