5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 63 of 70 First ... 13536162636465 ... Last
    Hi Paul, Yesterday i went from FGU 4.1.10 to 4.1.11.

And now, when i'm drag and drop a player from the character selection to the combat tracker i get this error:

[10/31/2021 8:10:50 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-07-06) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [10/31/2021 8:10:50 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 1934.6036
    [10/31/2021 8:12:02 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_combat_add_pc.lua"]:306: attempt to index a nil value

And the players in the combat tracker doesn't have any weapons, but they used to in 4.1.10.

Also, one of my player said to me that the only icon he have in the combat tracker is the effects icon, no targets, no offensive, no defensive etc... Is that normal ?

Thank you again for your work

Edit : I found the source of the problem : I added an empty line in the Talents tab in the Talents/Ability effect (How do you use this Talent Ability effect window by the way ?)
    Last edited by miniou; November 1st, 2021 at 08:26.

@miniou, the player side combat tracker only displays health in a general way, not exact wounds, shows effects, and faction color. Fire up FGU as host, and then fire up a second instance and connect to that game as a player. There are differences in the GM vs. Player views in the sidebar and combat tracker.

The Talents/Ability is just another effect line. Similar to the gear line in use.

The error you reported is new. It effects PC's but not NPC's, I need to track that down.

For those interested, i've started to translate Paul's ruleset in French.

Edit : if you are ok with that, Paul

Edit 2: I see in your data common.lua that you let the advanced skills in comment, a reason for this ?
    Last edited by miniou; November 9th, 2021 at 07:06.

It was prep work for auto-filled advanced skills.

Hi paul two more questions for Deathwatch
    -In the party sheet, in the cohesion tab, is there any use for the first window ? when i try to create an item, it's stay empty
    -Also in the party sheet, in the p tab when i try to add a mission or an encounter, i get this error : [11/14/2021 11:21:16 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ps/scripts/ps_xp_questentry.lua"]:7: attempt to call field 'IsHost' (a boolean value)

edit: found it : in your PS script there is some "Session.ishost()" instead of "Session.ishost" but, when i check individually the AWD ? checkbox, nothing happen, only when i click the award mission or award encounter buttons
    Last edited by miniou; November 14th, 2021 at 14:10.

miniou,

The check box indicates which mission or missions to award when the Award Mission box is clicked. You may have several in the Mission log, if some are completed and some are not, I decided to add the checkbox to award based on those that are checked.

As far as the Cohesion tab, it listed the current squad and what actors are in solo or squad mode. There was a an error in the icon cycler, and the list has issues at the moment. Since FGU I haven't tracked down everything but it is close to being 100% again.

Note: I fixed the Cohesion tab. This was mentioned here along time ago, so to refresh - when you fill out a Deathwatch character's specialty it needs to be prefaced with DW. So, DW Tactical, DW Assault, etc. This allows the cohesion tab to filter out non Marine characters that would not be part of the cohesion rules.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; November 20th, 2021 at 17:05.

New pak posted with bug fixes. Note, I have not added the additional force fields yet. I was looking into reworking this system, and am still working on it. I do plan to add these fields, just trying to simplify the way fields work within the ruleset.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; November 19th, 2021 at 07:47.

Hi Paul! Can we expect a new version of the ruleset to be released soon in connection with the FGU update (4.1.12)? There is some issues with options menu and new sidebar menu.
    P.S. Ruleset is AWESOME!

Yes, I am doing the rework currently. Should be within the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    Yes, I am doing the rework currently. Should be within the week.
    Hi Paul! Any news? Sorry for bothering..

Thread Information