STAR TREK 2d20
Page 58 of 70 First ... 848565758596068 ... Last

New .pak posted for bug fixes and recent FG update.

Much appreciated Paul, cheers for getting to it so quickly.

Thank you so much
    Big Hugs and stay safe
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Edit; Figured it out. The youtube videos are difficult to follow, how do you add the +20 strength after unnatural strength for power armor
    Last edited by Ocule; April 20th, 2021 at 23:45.

Ocule, for effects that will always be on use the Persistent tag. I show an example in the first post of this thread.

Question:

The Imperial Calendar in the first post, seemingly doesn't match anything from the 40k Lore, what is it intended to represent? (or alternatively what have I missed, which often a lot! ;-) )

Or is there an explanation somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; April 22nd, 2021 at 05:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    Question:

The Imperial Calendar in the first post, seemingly doesn't match anything from the 40k Lore, what is it intended to represent? (or alternatively what have I missed, which often a lot! ;-) )

Or is there an explanation somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
    The 40k Lore is huge, it is possible to miss something like that Below are articles that can provide guidance on the calendar system

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki..._Dating_System
    https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperial_Dating_System
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

yep, otherway around that was my point, Imperial Calendar Extension, matches non of those

the articles merely reflect the background info from the back of the 3rd edition (best edition) rulebook, so, I can't see how this extension implements it
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; April 22nd, 2021 at 07:18.

The Imperial Calendar is just a representation of the Imperial dating system of 1000 units of time per calendar year per the lore. It does not account for the check number, the GM would provide that if needed.

As far as naming conventions - months, days of the week, etc. they aren't from direct Lore. They are inferenced from various novels and other material. It was simply shared as a community mod for people to alter as they desired. They main focus being that it divides the Imperial year into 1000 units per the lore. Think of it as a snap shot of a local planet's interpretation of the Imperial calendar.

It was fudged to make it a standard 8 hours per unit. It was debated to make each unit 8.76 hours, or even 9 hours per, but for simplicity we rounded down to 8.

When using the calendar the left button can report to chat the Imperial styled date i.e. 935.401.41. The right button will produce an hourly time. 1:00 S3 Ablucio. The hours are 0:00 - 7:59 and roll over again to 0:00. The "S1, S2, S3" stand for Shift 1, 2, 3. Which equate to every three shifts being a normal Terran 24 day period. The naming of the days, that was all referenced form various input from novels and I don't remember where they all came from or what was made up. Same thing with the "month" title AV .0-9 can't remember what AV stands for anymore. It isn't reported to chat. This was made for a Rogue Trader campaign and players wanted a calendar. The original was 1000 equal units of 8.75 hours and cycled. Blew everyone's mind, they had no idea of what was up or down. So, from novels and research the hints that planets adopted a local version of the calendar inspired us to make a local version. It was shared so other groups could take the template and modify as desired. It's definitely not a canon version or even trying to be.

Within the client file of the mod is the heart of the calendar. Adjust that- here is a portion of what is currently there, and sheds some light on the intent of the calendar for that group.
    <day1 type="string">Emperatus</day1> <!-- Shift work for the emperor -->
    <day2 type="string">Lunum</day2> <!-- Shift work for the moons -->
    <day3 type="string">Martyrus</day3> <!-- Shift contemplate the martyrs-->
    <day4 type="string">Ablucio</day4> <!-- Shift to perform ablutions-->
    <day5 type="string">Solis</day5> <!-- Shift work for the suns-->
    <day6 type="string">Veneratus</day6> <!-- Shift think and venerate the heroes-->
    <day7 type="string">Quaeso</day7> <!-- Shift to beseech the heroes-->
    <day8 type="string">Terra</day8> <!-- Shift work for Terra-->
    <day9 type="string">Sacrificium</day9> <!-- Shift to contemplate the sacrifice -->
    <day10 type="string">Subplico</day10> <!-- Shift to supplicate yourself to the emperor -->

A reasonable method of organizing the ship into shifts and to provide an Imperial theme for the shift.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; April 22nd, 2021 at 17:19.

I'm getting an error when trying to load talents / traits into the Only War sheet. Haven't yet tested any other ruleset.

The entries become blank apart from a title and uneditable even when set to edit mode.
    In the console I get the following error:

[ERROR] window: Control (content) anchoring to an undefined control (contentframe) in windowclass (referencetalent)

Any known fix?

Thread Information