FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 59 of 70 First ... 949575859606169 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pratt View Post
    The Imperial Calendar is just a representation of the Imperial dating system of 1000 units of time per calendar year per the lore. It does not account for the check number, the GM would provide that if needed. They main focus being that it divides the Imperial year into 1000 units per the lore. Think of it as a snap shot of a local planet's interpretation of the Imperial calendar.
    noted!

It was fudged to make it a standard 8 hours per unit. It was debated to make each unit 8.76 hours, or even 9 hours per, but for simplicity we rounded down to 8.
    Fair enough, I'd go with that too there are plenty of shift references in all the novels!

The names were all referenced form various input from novels and I don't remember where they all came from or what was made up. Same thing with the "month" title AV .0-9 can't remember what AV stands for anymore. It isn't reported to chat. This was made for a Rogue Trader campaign and players wanted a calendar. The original was 1000 equal units of 8.75 hours and cycled. Blew everyone's mind, they had no idea of what was up or down. So, from novels and research the hints that planets adopted a local version of the calendar inspired us to make a local version. It was shared so other groups could take the template and modify as desired. It's definitely not a canon version or even trying to be..

No drama! that explains your thought processes

I have not seen a standard format for day or month naming, as far as I know, the point of the metric calendar was that every place has it's own calendar and naming, but it all links up to terran standard via the fraction number, but definitely nice to have a default, even if it's Navy time

problem with using 8hrs, for each fractional increment is it gives a remaining 31 days remainder

I might swing this as the Sanguinala, (I forget if the Vaults of Terra: Carrion Throne references the length) but 31 days, (760 hours, 95 shifts) sounds suitably epic for a end of year calendar reset and for mourning of the passing of the Great Angel *His* 9th sacrificed son

It does produce a short calendar, the group chose to let is slide because the 1000 units was for some reason crushing brains and making teary eyes... lol

I like the idea of a 31 day end of the year "holiday" Imperial style!

Paul, any plans to have full-fledged ruleset for Wrath & Glory?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I don't plan on producing a set for Wrath & Glory, too many items on the table to tackle it.

So just finished up my first real Deathwatch session and ran into something (the last session was a bit of a cluster****). Might be doing something wrong but the automation for damage and armor didn't seem to be working right. It reduced damage by the TN value but for some reason didnt factor in armor when damage was applied. I'm not sure why, applying full damage vs horde magnitude instead of per hit.

Not sure what im doing wrong, my only thought it maybe i need to use the target system (sometimes my players forgot to select a target or drop the dice on the target so it didnt roll location),

The hordes i'm not sure i set them to hordes, and the horde option on the weapon seemed to be the extra dice from magnitude.

The horde option on the weapon has to be set. It will throw everything off if not used. I just tested and everything seems to be calculating correctly. Players have to remember to switch off and on hordes selection, and using targeting helps. There is a learning curve with the ruleset. There are so many mechanics in this series of games that to automate them, all the interface clicks and checks must be used to get the right results.
    If you need help sorting things out, take some screen shots, or message me and I will try to walk you thru it.

I downladed the latest version, install and at launch I got the error console saying:

[5/17/2021 7:34:58 PM] FGU: v4.1.1 ULTIMATE (2021-05-15)
    [5/17/2021 7:34:58 PM] OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit
    [5/17/2021 7:34:58 PM] GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER : 8010
    [5/17/2021 7:34:58 PM] UI SCALE: 0.94
    [5/17/2021 7:34:58 PM] USER: itsme:P
    [5/17/2021 7:34:58 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [5/17/2021 7:34:58 PM] [ERROR] Extension Info Load (40K Flamer Pointer): An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 9, position 47.

Maybe I messed the install, maybe not, just in case I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Jaume View Post
    I downladed the latest version, install and at launch I got the error console saying:

[5/17/2021 7:34:58 PM] FGU: v4.1.1 ULTIMATE (2021-05-15)
    [5/17/2021 7:34:58 PM] OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit
    [5/17/2021 7:34:58 PM] GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER : 8010
    [5/17/2021 7:34:58 PM] UI SCALE: 0.94
    [5/17/2021 7:34:58 PM] USER: itsme:P
    [5/17/2021 7:34:58 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [5/17/2021 7:34:58 PM] [ERROR] Extension Info Load (40K Flamer Pointer): An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 9, position 47.

Maybe I messed the install, maybe not, just in case I hope this helps
    I guess the only problem you have is that the extension is not compatible with FGU or is outdated did you tried without the extension??
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Try the version of the flame pointer I just posted. I should work. Let me know if it does not.

Please note version 4.1 of FGU was released on 5/13, and I have not updated everything yet. There may be issues. If there are please report them so I can track down the changes and update.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; May 18th, 2021 at 17:34.

I have installed the latest version and runs smooth and efficient like an Space Marine's bolter, Thanks!!

Thread Information