DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Wild Magic Surges

Good Day All
    I have been looking but I cannot find any info.
    Is there a way to make it so when a Wild Mage casts a spell (First level or above) it rolls the die for the surge and, if it results in one, rolls on the surge table?

I am hoping someone made an extension or something to do this

Thanks

Considering the wild surge roll only occurs when the DM decides the roll should be made, there is no real way to automate it. FG won't know if the spellcasting is one that the DM wanted to roll for a surge for or not.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    As the DM I just drag the surge table to my hotbar and then when I think about it I roll on it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the fast response guys. I did not really think about it that it is not every time a spell is cast, only when the DM decides to roll
    If I am DMing and remember, I would roll every time they cast a spell

I'd like to resurrect this thread. Is there a way to have a d20 rolled automatically EVERY time a caster starts their turn and share the result with the DM privately? (Basically, I want to check Wild magic Surge every round for any magic except divine magic (wizard, warlock, sorcerer--including subclasses such as Arcane Trickster rogue.). IF they don't cast a spell, I can ignore the result.) It's such an integral part of my homebrew concept that I would be willing to pay a few bucks to get it coded.

No, there isn't a way to have it roll automatically. The DM can roll on any table and hide the roll from the players; but you need to do it yourself. You can hotkey the dice roll on the table so that it is more convenient but you still have to make the roll yourself either way.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Mithalwulf View Post
    I'd like to resurrect this thread. Is there a way to have a d20 rolled automatically EVERY time a caster starts their turn and share the result with the DM privately? (Basically, I want to check Wild magic Surge every round for any magic except divine magic (wizard, warlock, sorcerer--including subclasses such as Arcane Trickster rogue.). IF they don't cast a spell, I can ignore the result.) It's such an integral part of my homebrew concept that I would be willing to pay a few bucks to get it coded.
    If you want, you can use this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rary-hitpoints You can then create a table, e.g. Wild magic, then give all the casters the effect ROLLON: Wild magic That would automatically roll on this table at the beginning of their turn

Thread Information