5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Do you have your FG user name and FG license entered in your FG Settings, and have run an Update after entering both of them?

If still an issue, turn on Enhanced Logging option in FG Settings, run a new update, and send update.log file to [email protected]. (You can find update.log file in your FG data directory via the folder button on upper right of FG launch screen.)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by hobbiton View Post
    I have much the same problem. I have purchased the 5e Player's Manual and the 5e Dungeon Master's Guide. I have linked my Steam Account to my Fantasy Grounds Account. I have got the acknowledgement at FG that the sites are linked and that I can refresh the Steam link or unlink. I have refreshed. I have reloaded FG and updated, but on loading it says I have not bought the player's Handbook or the Dungeon Master's Guide. I re-tried the whole procedure. My Steam and FG accounts are definitely linked. I have refreshed, reloaded, updated several times but still it says that the items have not been purchased.
    As Moon Wizard mentions - make sure your FG account is setup in the FG settings. See steps 5 & 6 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Setup_Tutorial

If you've done this and then ran an update, but still don't see your purchases - then you may need to reinitialize your FG ID in the FG settings: click the "Clear" button shown in the bottom left of the image shown in step 5 and re-do steps 5+
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I have much the same problem. I have purchased the 5e Player's Manual and the 5e Dungeon Master's Guide. I have linked my Steam Account to my Fantasy Grounds Account. I have got the acknowledgement at FG that the sites are linked and that I can refresh the Steam link or unlink. I have refreshed. I have reloaded FG and updated, but on loading it says I have not bought the player's Handbook or the Dungeon Master's Guide. I re-tried the whole procedure. My Steam and FG accounts are definitely linked. I have refreshed, reloaded, updated several times but still it says that the items have not been purchased.

I am using Steam Play Linux with the New Beta System on Steam - Has anyone else reported problems because of using Steam Play Linux - rather than installing through Wine?
    Your Steam purchases are showing up in our customer service portal for your account. Make sure that you have your username (hobbiton) and password entered into your FG Settings screen and then run an update.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Setup_Tutorial

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Your Steam purchases are showing up in our customer service portal for your account. Make sure that you have your username (hobbiton) and password entered into your FG Settings screen and then run an update.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Setup_Tutorial
    Couple of other Linux users on the Steam community that arent getting DLC to download also...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Couple of other Linux users on the Steam community that arent getting DLC to download also...
    There is nothing specific about Linux users that would cause that as far as I'm aware. If it shows up for their account in our customer service portal then it is linked to their username account. It will download as long as they have their valid username and license key entered into their Settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As Moon Wizard mentions - make sure your FG account is setup in the FG settings. See steps 5 & 6 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Setup_Tutorial

If you've done this and then ran an update, but still don't see your purchases - then you may need to reinitialize your FG ID in the FG settings: click the "Clear" button shown in the bottom left of the image shown in step 5 and re-do steps 5+
    I promise you I have done this, Sir. Thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    There is nothing specific about Linux users that would cause that as far as I'm aware. If it shows up for their account in our customer service portal then it is linked to their username account. It will download as long as they have their valid username and license key entered into their Settings.
    Thank-you for your replies so far. I have had all correct with license key, account name, user name and password for both Steam and for FG. Despite all being theoretically correct, I promise you it has not downloaded correctly. Thanks anyway

Thank-you for your replies so far. I have had all correct with license key, account name, user name and password for both Steam and for FG. Despite all being theoretically correct, I promise you it has not downloaded correctly. Thanks anyway
    Hhhhm.... weird.

1) What does the main FG startup screen show in the top right corner? v.3.3.6 FREE, v3.3.6 or v3.3.6 ULTIMATE?
    2) If it doesn't show v3.3.6 FREE - Please create a 5E campaign, go to Library -> Modules and post a screenshot of what you see there.
    3) Make sure you only have 1 install of FG on your computer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Thank-you for your replies. For whatever reason, it is the case that the DLC's I have purchased are not being installed into my FG system. It may be the Steam Play + Linux system is not yet developed enough to manage the idiosyncrasies of the FG software. However, it is quite common for the hardware of specific computers to contain things that can upset Linux workings as well. I am not sure which problem is playing out in my specific case. If the Steam Play develops to the point that it does work correctly I shall post immediately here and at the Steam forums so that all Linux users (a high proportion of whom are geeky D&D fans) can purchase with confidence and grow the community. However, until I am able to use the DLC I have purchased so far, I hope you understand that I will not be buying any more. Thanks anyway.

@hobbiton - completely understand. But please continue to work with us to try to sort this out. Thanks!

Thread Information