STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Try exiting FG via the desktop right-click menu exit option. Don't close the window from the X in the top right. Does that make any difference?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Can you send us a screenshot of your FG Settings window to [email protected] and link back to this thread so we know which issue it is linked to?

I'm curious if you actually have two separate instances of FantasyGrounds.exe on your system. Even if you launch from Steam, the main program should run from the Program folder specified in your FG Settings window for the Program Files. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\

Some recommended steps to try:
    1. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds
    2. Delete FantasyGrounds.exe
    3. Run FGUpdaterEngine.exe and click Settings. Make sure the path of the Program files points to C:\Program Files (X86)\Fantasy Grounds
    4. Run an Update. This should rebuild FantasyGrounds.exe

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Can you send us a screenshot of your FG Settings window to [email protected] and link back to this thread so we know which issue it is linked to?

I'm curious if you actually have two separate instances of FantasyGrounds.exe on your system. Even if you launch from Steam, the main program should run from the Program folder specified in your FG Settings window for the Program Files. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\

Some recommended steps to try:
    1. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds
    2. Delete FantasyGrounds.exe
    3. Run FGUpdaterEngine.exe and click Settings. Make sure the path of the Program files points to C:\Program Files (X86)\Fantasy Grounds
    4. Run an Update. This should rebuild FantasyGrounds.exe
    As you said that I remembered that I do have a steam folder of Fantasy grounds on a separate drive (that is not on the same drive the other fantasy grounds files are stored). But the only files in that folder is FGLauncherReadme.txt, FGSteamLauncher.exe, and UpdaterEngine.exe.

These are the locations of the files
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds
    D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fantasy Grounds

I did those steps and it still doesn't work. Also I sent the screenshot.

If people are having an issue where you can't login to Steam from the FG link I've found a fix.
    1. Go to www.steampowered.com and login.
    2. Click on the community tab, be sure to leave this link open.
    3. Use the FG link to the Steam Community and there should be a "Sign in as [Userename]" button available.
    4. Click and profit.

Welcome to the forums and FG Community Brizzlef! Thanks for the additional info!

I kind of have the opposite problem. I have bought all of my games via steam and was thinking about buying stuff from the site. However, when I refresh my steam link (the program catches it and it updates fine), but the website says "no purchases". While I have not made any purchases on the site, I would think it should show up on my account... somewhere? This would be a "big" issue if I want to buy a bundle as I would pay for content I already have. Is there anyways to get this to sync? I was trying to get all of my ducks in a row for FG con 13, which I assume will have sales? Never been to FG con, but I was thinking of buying some Savage World stuff (never played, but looks fun).

Quote Originally Posted by ScottUlmer View Post
    I kind of have the opposite problem. I have bought all of my games via steam and was thinking about buying stuff from the site. However, when I refresh my steam link (the program catches it and it updates fine), but the website says "no purchases". While I have not made any purchases on the site, I would think it should show up on my account... somewhere?
    Synching your account with Steam doesn't transfer your purchases to the FG store. It lets the FG updater know what products you have so they can be downloaded/updated when you run an update.

This would be a "big" issue if I want to buy a bundle as I would pay for content I already have. Is there anyways to get this to sync?
    You can only do bundle purchases 100% on Steam or 100% on the FG store. Email [email protected] - they *may* be able to do something to help.

I was trying to get all of my ducks in a row for FG con 13, which I assume will have sales?
    No specific sales as FG Con isn't ran by SmiteWorks - it's a free convention ran by the community.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    ... which I assume will have sales? Never been to FG con, but I was thinking of buying some Savage World stuff (never played, but looks fun).
    As Trenloe said, no specific sales for FG Con, but their is new stuff on sale every week. If you like that sort of thing, make sure you are signed up for the newsletter and each Monday (?) you'll have something new to consider buying
    https://www.facebook.com/fantasygrou...0265896690345/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have much the same problem. I have purchased the 5e Player's Manual and the 5e Dungeon Master's Guide. I have linked my Steam Account to my Fantasy Grounds Account. I have got the acknowledgement at FG that the sites are linked and that I can refresh the Steam link or unlink. I have refreshed. I have reloaded FG and updated, but on loading it says I have not bought the player's Handbook or the Dungeon Master's Guide. I re-tried the whole procedure. My Steam and FG accounts are definitely linked. I have refreshed, reloaded, updated several times but still it says that the items have not been purchased.

I am using Steam Play Linux with the New Beta System on Steam - Has anyone else reported problems because of using Steam Play Linux - rather than installing through Wine?

Thread Information