5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Hhhhm.... weird.

1) What does the main FG startup screen show in the top right corner? v.3.3.6 FREE, v3.3.6 or v3.3.6 ULTIMATE?
    2) If it doesn't show v3.3.6 FREE - Please create a 5E campaign, go to Library -> Modules and post a screenshot of what you see there.
    3) Make sure you only have 1 install of FG on your computer.
    It does show v3.3.6 FREE

Screenshot from 2018-11-13 20-09-59.png

Screenshot from 2018-11-13 20-10-22.png

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Hhhhm.... weird.

1) What does the main FG startup screen show in the top right corner? v.3.3.6 FREE, v3.3.6 or v3.3.6 ULTIMATE?
    2) If it doesn't show v3.3.6 FREE - Please create a 5E campaign, go to Library -> Modules and post a screenshot of what you see there.
    3) Make sure you only have 1 install of FG on your computer.
    Sorry if this is a repeat - I think I messed up my last post.

My FG start-up screen is v.3.3.6 FREE

Screenshot from 2018-11-13 20-09-59.png

Blog Entries
    You need to paste in your license key and run an Update. Your license key is in your Steam library under the Fantasy Grounds page under the CD key menu. It has dashes, letters and numbers. Copy it and right-click + Paste it in. If it still says FREE after an update then it is probably not entered correctly.

You can check the box that says Enhanced Update Logging, run an Update and then look for a file called Update.log. Email that to [email protected] and we can review it for accuracy for you as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbiton View Post
    Sorry if this is a repeat - I think I messed up my last post.

My FG start-up screen is v.3.3.6 FREE
    This means your username.password is not being validated. As Doug says, try clearing your credentials and re-entering them, then run an update.

If that doesn't work, you'll want to turn on enhanced logging and send the log after updating send to [email protected]

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    You need to paste in your license key and run an Update. Your license key is in your Steam library under the Fantasy Grounds page under the CD key menu. It has dashes, letters and numbers. Copy it and right-click + Paste it in. If it still says FREE after an update then it is probably not entered correctly.

You can check the box that says Enhanced Update Logging, run an Update and then look for a file called Update.log. Email that to [email protected] and we can review it for accuracy for you as well.
    Yippee! At last. In Steam you cannot paste the license Key- you have to type it. Because there is no forward slash through Zeros it is easy to confuse a 0 (Zero) with O (Upper Case O). It may be a good idea for all who are having trouble to check their license key and switch Zeros for Upper case O or vice-versa.

Thank-you very much - it really was that simple, and I think I was trying to over-think the problem.

Phew! Thank God, or whoever, for that. Thanks again. I shall leave you all in peace until I find something else to moan about.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    This means your username.password is not being validated. As Doug says, try clearing your credentials and re-entering them, then run an update.
    To clarify this for people reading. Your FG license is purely determined by the license key you enter. Entering your FG username has nothing, and I meant nothing, to do with the type of FG license that your install will use. This is 100% determined by entering a valid license key in the settings window.

Entering your FG username (and password) is used for determining what DLC you will download when an update is ran.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have bought this through steam, it is in my steam account information, I have connected it to fantasy grounds a dozen times following all steps above but it will not add the book I bought to the modules. Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by Miniminotaur View Post
    I have bought this through steam, it is in my steam account information, I have connected it to fantasy grounds a dozen times following all steps above but it will not add the book I bought to the modules. Please Help
    Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues.

Which product have you bought on Steam?
    What license and version is showing in the top right corner of FG when you start it? Does it say FREE or ULTIMATE or just the version number?
    Have you logged into your FG account in the settings window and then ran an update?

I'd recommend you try following these instructions, even if you've done it before: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Setup_Tutorial

The do this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...count_To_Steam

And finally some info about loading modules: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...oading_Modules
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I am having this issue too. I have purchased Lost Mines Of Phandelver on steam and synced my account with here. It shows up on my purchases
    on the store/history of Ordered Items. I ran an update, in the list that scrolls something about phandelver shoed up, but I cant seem to see it
    listed in my campaigns when I go to load a campaign. I went to where data is stored under [username\roaming etc and my own ones and the
    sample ones are there but not Phandelver. I also tried switching from C:\program files(etc) to the steam location(install) and that isnt helping either.

Thread Information