FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 19 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    I use the program to dungeon master in a table top. Someone's back I did try your server but it just seemed like a lot of people were not available when I was. I would start some online groups but I'm not comfortable enough with the program to do so. But it's going to take practice not just a session.

Blog Entries
    Hey michaelzep - the best way to get practice is to start a group
    Let your players know in advance - "Im pretty new at this - Im going to make a few mistakes and the going will be a bit slow to start but we will get there."

Quote Originally Posted by michaelzep View Post
    I use the program to dungeon master in a table top. Someone's back I did try your server but it just seemed like a lot of people were not available when I was. I would start some online groups but I'm not comfortable enough with the program to do so. But it's going to take practice not just a session.
    Yes, I agree, it will take some time. How long has it been since you joined us last? What type of hours do you keep now? I'd be willing to help you one on one. The online group is already started in FG College. I teach DM 101 Class every Friday, and we have recorded some of these sessions. I apologize in advance over some of our vacancies in time. You can request classes besides conform to the posted lessons. Lot's of good people that volunteer there time now..The practice you seek are there in the form of 'in-house' one-shots. I can also help connect you with players or other servers that offer more games, as we are a teaching server mainly. Also, we did a two week Spring Break event this year, as well as participation in FG Con this year so far. We are also sponsoring a staff and student

Sincerely,
    Laerun
    Last edited by Laerun; May 16th, 2018 at 13:18. Reason: clarity
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Highly recommended. Thanks for the character creation class today @Laerun

Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    Highly recommended. Thanks for the character creation class today @Laerun
    You are certainly welcome and thank you for the positive and public feedback. It goes a long ways. Hope to see you in FGC more.

Laerun
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Hi! Thank you so much for creating a Discord for this!

I just got the Ultimate FG, and all I know how to do is text and toss the dice, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinaBunny View Post
    Hi! Thank you so much for creating a Discord for this!

I just got the Ultimate FG, and all I know how to do is text and toss the dice, lol.
    No problem, we will not let your investment go to waste. See ya inside the college..
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    No problem, we will not let your investment go to waste. See ya inside the college..
    I was fiddling around with the program and watching the recommended videos, and Fantasy Grounds looks great!

I've played with Roll20 (free account) for about a year and a half, so I have a general idea of how things could work. It's just re-orienting myself with a brand new UI. I'm not used to so many features, lol!

The community I've met are great and very friendly and helpful. Again, thanks for this! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by LatinaBunny View Post
    I'm not used to so many features, lol!
    There is definitely a lot to take in with FG. I've also been watching videos and for now just fiddling around with the interface and creating a few sample characters.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryK View Post
    There is definitely a lot to take in with FG. I've also been watching videos and for now just fiddling around with the interface and creating a few sample characters.
    Yeah, it’s definitely a lot of new stuff there. I don’t know coding, so I never did much of that in Roll20. We just treated it like an offline tabletop game, and just used very little automation.

We had our inventory in a shared Google Excel document, and just manually typed regular rolling. No automated spells or whatever.

We usually just manually typed almost everything up or created one or two simple macros in (non-5e) games I’ve played in.

The technical software/coding stuff tends to be tricky for me and makes me feel very overwhelmed.

I like that there are people who already have coded some stuff ahead of time.

I mean, I still don’t mind doing things manually, but the automation stuff seems very helpful (if a bit much at times).

It’s all learning process. I seem to be getting the basics of chargen. Now I just got to get some of that combat and interaction trainings. ^_^

Thread Information