DICE PACKS BUNDLE

New User - ?s about Rulesets

Hello all - new fellow here. I just heard about this app, decided to check it out, and figured it was worth a few clink to try 'er out for a go. I bought 1 GM client and 3 lite and hope to have this running for our next sessions (in two weeks).

After poking about the forum today, I have some questions (doesn't everyone?):

I run a WFRP (Warhammer) campaign, and as I understand it, with a little XML know-how, I can get this baby to handle my adventures. I noticed that some folks about here have already created rulesets for warhammer (And various other games) but apparently aren't allowed to share them due to licensing issues.

Is it possible for these innovative folks to share their character sheets? Or is that taboo as well?

I guess I am curious to know to what length the restrictions extend. I don't mind programming in a complete ruleset for my own handling, but it would be awfully nice to have a start by using/examining somebody's char sheet (and I wouldn't think this would be prohibited since BI and GW allow fans to create and distribute all manner of char sheets and supplements for WFRP).

Or is my understanding of how the rulesets in FG work? I can understand not distributing/sharing a full ruleset (a literal incorporation of the rules ala SRD), but I am not sure why char sheets would be included...

Also - for anyone out there who HAS create or worked on a WFRP set, I would be interested to know what problems you came up against in terms of developing them - what hurdles you ran into - things you discovered worked best, etc.

Thanks all for your time!

I'm pretty much in the same baot as you. I'm just starting to work (between many other things so it's slow going) on createing a character sheet sheet for wfrp.

With out opening a huge can of worms it would be interestign to see what the thoughts on distrubuting just a character are. After all there are loads of user created ones for wfrp. Seeing as charcters sheets in fg are just images would distributing the background image be a problem I wonder? As it is effectivly then just an image that could also be used for a pnp game?

Any way it would be interesting to know how you get on with it. Might be worh asking over at the BI forums I suppose.

Rules will be a definate nono though.

Dan.

Thread Information