DICE PACKS BUNDLE

gestalt 5e - possible in FG?

So im currently fiddling with an idea for a 5e gestalt campaign...yes it isnt balanced but this would more just be for the experience of overwhelming power, etc. My problem is that the way FG tracks leveling for pcs means that if I put a level of bard with a level of paladin, it still counts as 2nd level, and it will eventually show incorrect proficiency bonuses. Is there a way to manually adjust the prof. bonus, or would players need to manually add the class features that they would receive from their two classes? Is there anything else that you FG gurus can think of that would be a problem system wise? Thanks in advance.

Just drag-and-drop a primary class and then manually drag-and-drop the features (not the class!) of the secondary class. Not sure what you plan to do for hit points (average or such) or spell slots for multi-caster.

By the way, I'm highly interested in a gestalt 5e game. I find the idea very curious.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Yes it supports it basically like Nickademus listed. I believe for Gestalt, the recommendation was always to take the best of the other class abilities: HD, Saves, etc. I just recently did this with a PFRPG campaign that I'm running for my 11 year old son.

We do this. The 1st level set up takes a minute but after that we found from level 2 up that it was faster than finding features to drag and drop onto the sheets. YMMV:
    Open the Class & Level dialog box.
    Drag the 1st level of your class with largest HD onto the character sheet.
    Note current HP
    Note current level of current class
    Make any needed selections from pop ups
    If both primary and secondary class are casters set primary class to best casting progression.
    Set level of primary class to 0
    Drag the 1st level of secondary class to the character sheet
    Make all needed selections.
    If both primary and secondary class are casters set secondary class to non caster progression.
    Adjust spell slots to be correct for level 1
    Set level of Primary class 1
    Set level of Secondary Class to 0
    Adjust HP to be noted amount+any mods from secondary class. For example player chooses to be War Cleric/Dragon Sorc. Add 1 to the number you noted in step 3 to account for the 1 extra HP per level

After level 1 you

Open the Class & Level dialog box.
    Drag the next level of your primary class onto the sheet.
    Note current HP
    Note current level of Primary Class
    Make any needed selections
    Set level of secondary class to be Primary Class-1
    Set level of primary class to 0
    Drag the next level of secondary class to the sheet
    Make all needed selections.
    Set level of Primary class to Secondary Class
    Set level of Secondary Class to 0
    Adjust HP to be noted amount+any mods from secondary class.

This ends up with the right number of slots, all abilities on the sheet, lets players still use the automated pop ups to select skills/subclass and prof bonus stays at the right level. I don't know that it's any easier than just dragging stuff onto the sheet one item at a time. It's just what works for my players and myself.

If I had even the slightest acumen with XML I'd take the XML for class A and add just the abilities from Class B and have a much more elegant solution.

Thread Information