5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Blank Spaces

Blank Spaces

Any idea why I would have blank spaces above my core rules? I think somehow my custom xml is screwy?

FG1.jpg

Blog Entries
    Unless you have some incorrect module files in your folder? But I suspect it has to do with xml changes you made.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes, you have a couple of files in your modules folder which are not properly formatted.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the responses. I just can't figure the damn thing out. I was working fine and then all of a sudden this happened. I've gone back to several of my older backups and the issue continues. I hate to start over, it's a lot of work lost.

Can you explain what it is you are doing, because you've not provided enough info to really go on. What we are guessing is that you are creating modules in XML and you've made some errors which is the problem. But now you are saying the problem has been there for some time; so I'm confused.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

My apologies, I don't know XML at all.

I have a parsed PHB, which I was modifying to suit. I'd say a couple hundred hours of work. I was working fine, going back and forth cutting 'n pasting (which is really the extent of my knowledge in XML) and this error popped up.
    I have gone back to older bits of my saved XML work to attempt to correct the problem and the error persists. Thinking it was a software issue, I reinstalled FG and still, I was unable to resolve anything. Went back to my original parsed PHB that was unedited, and it still did not correct the issue. I have the original parsed PHB in my mods folder and the common.xml file in my campaign folder (switching the name to db.xml) where I can edit within FG.

So, we were right in our guess. There is an error somewhere in the XML; you'll need to pass it through an XML checker to find the issue. You can get one as an addon to Notepad++ which will do the job.

Also; if you want to add a common (or any other .xml file) to a campaign database you should add the xml into the db.xml not replace it. That'll possible be one of your problems.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; August 21st, 2017 at 09:30.

Thank you, I will try that. Would there be any reason why the error is showing up now but when I wipe everything and go back to my original parsed PHB it shows up?

EDIT: Is this the add-on? https://www.herongyang.com/XML/NPP-X...Plus-Plus.html
    Last edited by inawkwardscience; August 21st, 2017 at 09:39.

Open Notepad++ click on 'Plugins' and then on 'Plugin Manager' and 'Show Plug in Manager'. Scroll down the list until you find XML tools, check the box and click install. Note using this might not throw any XML errors - see below.

The XML produced by the db.xml in a campaign is different from that produced by parse or by exporting to a module. So in a campaign FG expects a certain format which if you replaced the db.xml with something else it won't get. Your original par5ed PHB will have been par5ed as a module; if you wanted to edit that then you should edit the XML in the module and then zip it back up into a module. By replacing the db.xml with the module xml you have caused confusion; hence the phantom entries in your library.

Thank you again for all your help.

Thread Information