5E Character Create Playlist

Where can I find XML converter for fg?

something like Npc converter and other stuff .thanks for any replies . I looked for adventuresomedreams but it is down atm . thanks again .
    Licking the mark above the lips and the swallowing stops my heartburn .

There are no converters that I know of that will take Fantasy Grounds' format and turn it into something else.

XSLT could this for you, but I don't know of any stylesheets and suffice to say conversion of material has been a, hmmm, hotly contested issue before.

XSLT isn't the hardest thing in the world to learn, so you could write whatever transform yourself. But it might not be such a good idea to publish any converters before SW has made their stance clear on how they intend to deal with material coming out of their format.

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam60
    There are no converters that I know of that will take Fantasy Grounds' format and turn it into something else.

XSLT could this for you, but I don't know of any stylesheets and suffice to say conversion of material has been a, hmmm, hotly contested issue before.

XSLT isn't the hardest thing in the world to learn, so you could write whatever transform yourself. But it might not be such a good idea to publish any converters before SW has made their stance clear on how they intend to deal with material coming out of their format.
    I thought one of the things to come out of that thread is that the xml data/files are what is open content for FG?

rv

The ruleset xml is open content in FG; graphics, however, are not.

For NPCs you can use NPC Designer.
    Murder at Avedon Hill - Official site for novel being released February, 2007 (podcast release also begins February, 2007)
    Four Ugly Monsters - Honorary Monster, ret.

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    I thought one of the things to come out of that thread is that the xml data/files are what is open content for FG?
    Ahh, mmm, yes. I must admit I walked off that thread rather early since I wanted to leave some space for the fire department to come in and do their job.

What are you looking for? If you would like something for converting story pages, there is a word converter.

If you would like something to input NPCs, there are three options:

1) Randomly generated NPCs... NPC Designer is an excellent app.
    2) Word Templates for NPC data entry. A messy way to cut and paste the code when you are finished.
    3) NPC Converter that was written posted a while ago.

I have all of these three.. the last two I can post if there is interest.

Sandeman
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

I found the link to the npc designer , but I need to cough up the dough for it though .thanks for replieng.....
    Licking the mark above the lips and the swallowing stops my heartburn .

Thread Information