FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I was hoping to have something with the Gods that detailed their stats, their domains, listed name equivalents,religious expectations, and some history in the FR timeline as to the rise and fall or change to the gods. Also, I would like some basic religious tenants outlines, temples listed, and some granted powers or character avatar notes. God-->Domain-->Locations-->RP, Lore and Historical Data--->Religious Requirements/Rites--->Optional Avatar data...

Blog Entries
    Stat conversions is certainly allowed, but cut and paste of the history and descriptive text is not. You could write your own history and descriptions, or write original history from what has already been published. For example, you can look at Classic Conversions and see how they do it. In general they convert the stats and provide a conversion guide, but you still have to have the original module (which you can buy as a PDF) to run it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Stat conversions is certainly allowed, but cut and paste of the history and descriptive text is not. You could write your own history and descriptions, or write original history from what has already been published. For example, you can look at Classic Conversions and see how they do it. In general they convert the stats and provide a conversion guide, but you still have to have the original module (which you can buy as a PDF) to run it.
    Precisely that. The conversion of FRE1 that I'm doing for Classic Modules Today has to omit the descriptive text.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    I was hoping to have something with the Gods that detailed their stats, their domains, listed name equivalents,religious expectations, and some history in the FR timeline as to the rise and fall or change to the gods. Also, I would like some basic religious tenants outlines, temples listed, and some granted powers or character avatar notes. God-->Domain-->Locations-->RP, Lore and Historical Data--->Religious Requirements/Rites--->Optional Avatar data...
    I sat out the whole 4th edition and am not an expert on what 5e has out on deities, so I can't speak to the resources that either has available today. The 3e Faiths and Pantheons has a lot of what you seek, but, as far as FR goes, its timeline of course goes no farther than early 3e. F&P is post-Avatar Trilogy, so Cyric and Kelemvor are described as deities, but the source was first published in May 2002.

Blog Entries
    You can rewrite the descriptive text. I don't think their "stories" are protected, but certainly you cannot just cut and paste. like Celeborn is the indeterminate sex god of the Elves.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    You can rewrite the descriptive text. I don't think their "stories" are protected, but certainly you cannot just cut and paste. like Celeborn is the indeterminate sex god of the Elves.
    In their reply regarding FRE1, DMs Guild states that they "recommend omitting DM-red [sic] text from your conversion." I infer that "DM-read text" is text that appears in a box. However, many passages in FRE1 that are not enclosed in a box nevertheless convey narrative details--those passages could be read to players by the DM. So, that leaves me with a gray area in which I've chosen to proceed with caution. Clearly, descriptive text that suggests to the DM how to run combats, how to roll to see if characters notice that they are being followed, and so forth, involves 2e mechanics. A conversion would be expected to offer a rewrite on how to handle the mechanics in 5e, the rules-based running of encounters and other situations. But I think it would be wise for me to cut a lot of Ed Greenwood's descriptive narrative even when it isn't in a box, summarize it when necessary, and cite the pertinent FRE1 page numbers in the FG conversion, i.e., "For more information on X, see FRE1, 26."
    Last edited by L. R. Ballard; August 10th, 2017 at 05:21. Reason: Inserted "characters" for "players."

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I would need to double check, but this probably would be allowed in the DMs Guild and you can make a Fantasy Grounds module for sale using WoTC IP if you sell it in the DMs Guild. I would search dmsguild.com.

The Book of Righteousness from Green Ronin should have a Fantasy Gounds version soon. That book has a fully developed pantheon and religious system. Not the FR one, but not that hard to substitute,
    This never happened then? The FantasyGrounds version I mean.

Blog Entries
    I have the FG version, so it did happen (book of righteousness)
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Oh! Give me a link please I couldn't find it

Thread Information