5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Lightbulb DnD 5e Demi-Gods & Deities?

Curious, does anyone know if there has been any original or licensed products detailing the various pantheons of the Forgotten Realms or any others? Not only does it lack in FG, but also many newer canon products. I do recall a Handbook at least that would give you many options... Is it time for a new product? There are ways to title things without copyright infringement. Instead of quoting WoTC, you could just say spider goddess, or goddess of arachnids instead of Lolth for example. I know that a smattering of Gods are detailed in SWAG, but it seems sort of minimal.

DM Laerun

Unless WotC release something then no, since you can't do anything with the Forgotten Realms since WotC have reserved copyright.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Steve Creech will probably be coming out with a 5e version of this, it might interest you.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-pfrpg-edition

Blog Entries
    Other than the list of various pantheons in the PHB, no. WotC has been pretty clear that since that type of material is pretty well the same as it was in previous editions that they don't intend to re-publish it again. I just use the material found on the FR wiki site. At best it's been updated to the 4E timeline, but usually it still is only at 3.5. (I forget the years.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I would need to double check, but this probably would be allowed in the DMs Guild and you can make a Fantasy Grounds module for sale using WoTC IP if you sell it in the DMs Guild. I would search dmsguild.com.

The Book of Righteousness from Green Ronin should have a Fantasy Gounds version soon. That book has a fully developed pantheon and religious system. Not the FR one, but not that hard to substitute,
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Ok, TY all...

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Curious, does anyone know if there has been any original or licensed products detailing the various pantheons of the Forgotten Realms or any others?
    The 3rd edition Faiths and Pantheons comes to mind. I own a hardcover copy and have been consulting it since the conversion I’m doing of the 2nd edition FRE1 includes the avatars of Bane and Mystra; Faiths and Pantheons has 3e versions of the avatars in FRE1 updated from 2e.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I would need to double check, but this probably would be allowed in the DMs Guild and you can make a Fantasy Grounds module for sale using WoTC IP if you sell it in the DMs Guild.
    I think you’re right: updating the 3e stats of the deities and avatars to 5e likely would be permitted under the DMs Guild rules for conversions.

The idea had occurred to me of converting the Faiths and Pantheons deities and avatars, then releasing the conversion on DMs Guild. If there’s interest in such a conversion, I could email the DMs Guild to run it by them after I finish converting the Avatar Trilogy.

Please let me know if there’s any interest in that.

Blog Entries
    I can tell you from previous experience that DMs Guild is not much into answering questions on every module.

I think this is allowed, as it is forgotten realms and not on the excluded list. Considering the volume of material there, I am amazed it is not done yet.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Likewise. I was kind of lost with my characters belief systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I can tell you from previous experience that DMs Guild is not much into answering questions on every module.

I think this is allowed, as it is forgotten realms and not on the excluded list. Considering the volume of material there, I am amazed it is not done yet.
    It's true that DMs Guild responded favorably to me after I emailed them to ask them about converting Elminster from FRE1. Converting NPC stats is consistent with the DMs Guild rules for conversion and likely applies universally provided that the conversion is to 5e. My desire to make sure has to do with the levels of some of the deities and therefore the conversion work involved--the depth of the builds may be one reason people have shied away from converting Faiths and Pantheons.

Thread Information