DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 8 First ... 678
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Jager View Post
    Or for you to point me in the right direction for doing so?
    I've never done this myself, but I can give you some idea of what it would take...

Open both extensions and see which ones have duplicate file names. Then open the 5E ruleset and compare those files to the ones in the 5E ruleset. See which parts of those extension files overlap and how they overlap the 5E files, i.e. look for windoclass and other object/string/etc things that are in the extension files.

If you are lucky, both extensions will modify objects in files of the same name, but it is possible that one or both extensions make changes to objects in files that are unique to the extension. You might have to dig deep into both the xml and lua files to figure out where they overlap. Then once you figure out the overlap, you have to figure out how to recode one or more of them so they no longer conflict.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Jager View Post
    Hi Trembot_89

Any chance you'll be releasing this Extension for the latest version of FG? Also this extension appears to be causing issues with Combat Extended.
    I was hoping you would have a small amount of time to make these compatible? Or for you to point me in the right direction for doing so?
    Unfortunately I haven't been dedicating my time to this extension for a while. I don't know enough about programming and code writing to instruct it; I usually just dive in, identify the changes needed through trial and error and wait for the next bugs to show themselves. Once I'm caught up in my own affairs I'll put some time in to sorting the current problems.
    Jolly Cooperation.

Hi. I don't know if this is still being updated but I'm new to FG and just discovered it, so hoping...

Anyway, I just added it in and I'm getting an error: Error loading extension XML file. ...and it disappeared before I could write it down, Infuriating that I can't copy/paste it.

Anyway, it said something about Line 7 position 3 and not being able to end with -

I'll try and screenshot it next time I load FG in.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTressym View Post
    Hi. I don't know if this is still being updated but I'm new to FG and just discovered it, so hoping...

Anyway, I just added it in and I'm getting an error: Error loading extension XML file. ...and it disappeared before I could write it down, Infuriating that I can't copy/paste it.

Anyway, it said something about Line 7 position 3 and not being able to end with -

I'll try and screenshot it next time I load FG in.
    Thanks for the attention, but I regret to say I have not been maintaining this... I'll put an update on the main description while I take a look, but in the meantime I recommend downloading the separate Vitality and Improved Critical extensions and see if they will work like that.
    Jolly Cooperation.

Ok, thanks.

Thread Information