STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Just so you know that this extension seems not to work with the current version in test (I haven't tried it in live version but I assume it is working for you there). Placing any NPC onto the combat Tracker generates the following error

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:394: attempt to call field 'encodeEffectForCT' (a nil value)

And few if any of the NPCs actions appear on the CT
    I'm not getting those errors at all... here's a screenshot of what I see after adding NPCs and selecting their actions in the CT NPCsCT.jpg

As a developer FYI - I wouldn't worry about current live extensions not working in test. It's something to be aware of, so that once test is frozen or goes live, the extension developer can then look at the base code changes and integrate them into the extension. I wouldn't recommend going about making changes based off test code at this point, as that code can change and you'd just have to do it all again.

So, my approach is: Extension errors or not working in test? "Interesting, but you'll have to wait until it goes live for an updated extension..."
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As a developer FYI - I wouldn't worry about current live extensions not working in test. It's something to be aware of, so that once test is frozen or goes live, the extension developer can then look at the base code changes and integrate them into the extension. I wouldn't recommend going about making changes based off test code at this point, as that code can change and you'd just have to do it all again.

So, my approach is: Extension errors or not working in test? "Interesting, but you'll have to wait until it goes live for an updated extension..."
    Thanks. Are tests just the WIP for updating rulesets?

Quote Originally Posted by trembot_89 View Post
    Thanks. Are tests just the WIP for updating rulesets?
    Yes, it's a whole test channel that has all sorts of new code that can change from day to day. Here's info on the current v3.2.2 test: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Release-v3-3-2
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Cool, thanks! I guess I know what I'm doing for the next little bit haha.

Love this extesion because it helps me with my custom 5e rules. Thank you for your work trembot_89.

The extension runs as expect, but i found minors cosmetic problems in the D&D 5e ruleset with or without other extensions.

1) The Player Characters portraits image disappears in the character sheet. The portrait is loaded and can be view in the character seleccion but not in the character sheet.

2) It looks like in the Main Player Character Sheet the Portrait, Name, Inspiration and Token are set like always visible (or something like that) because now the players need to scroll down to be able to see their Hit Dices.

3) Because of (2) this extension right now is not compatible with the extesion D&D 5e - Hero Points.ext

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel_Kagenie View Post
    Love this extesion because it helps me with my custom 5e rules. Thank you for your work trembot_89.

The extension runs as expect, but i found minors cosmetic problems in the D&D 5e ruleset with or without other extensions.

1) The Player Characters portraits image disappears in the character sheet. The portrait is loaded and can be view in the character seleccion but not in the character sheet.

2) It looks like in the Main Player Character Sheet the Portrait, Name, Inspiration and Token are set like always visible (or something like that) because now the players need to scroll down to be able to see their Hit Dices.

3) Because of (2) this extension right now is not compatible with the extesion D&D 5e - Hero Points.ext
    Ah, I see. I found the problem with 1 and am correcting it while looking into 2 and 3.
    As for 2, I think the underlying problem is that the top section of the character sheet is separate from the tab selections, so it's not part of what gets scrolled -- I'll try to make the default size of the window larger and hopefully that will solve your scrolling issue in the "main" tab.
    And finally, in regards to 3, I'm not familiar with the Hero Points ext but I'll take a look at it.

Thank you for the encouragement, I'm glad you like it!

I removed the merge="join" from the "charsheet" windowclass and that seemed to do the trick (the whole 5E record_char.xml is included so nothing is lost by not merging).

Name, Inspiration, Token, and "Speak" are written separately from the "main" tab, I resized the appropriate subwindow offsets so that you don't need to scroll anymore.

I'm still stumped on this one... This kind of issue is why I combined the "Vitality" and "Improved Criticals" extensions in the first place (they didn't work together). I'm looking into it but for now this is the best I can do. I've uploaded my latest version if you want to give it a shot.

this extension right now is not compatible with the extesion D&D 5e - Hero Points.ext
    Pretty sure I fixed this with version 4. Let me know if you run into any more problems

Thread Information