5E Character Create Playlist

NPC Action Coding for AC and Advantage

Ive been over the DND5E effects guikd, but I cant figure out how to write abilities to do the following -

Gain a temporary +2 to AC.

Gain Advantage on [Specific type of roll], whether that be a Check, attack, save, etc

I tried just writing a spell for the +2 AC, but even copying Shield of Faith's wording doesnt have an effect to use for NPCs once I change the duration.
    See below img. Ive tried it with both the Effect tag at the ottom and without. i copied that effect straight from what Shield of Faith has on the NPC sheet

AC.JPG
    Last edited by GlassGEO; November 16th, 2020 at 21:29.

Blog Entries
    See here; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ffects-on-NPCs
    Wording/format has to be exact.

edit: also not sure you can do everything you want. Try to find an official NPC that does something similar and copy from there.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; November 16th, 2020 at 21:52.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There is no wording which will automatically create an effect for an addition to AC or to give any kind of advantage or disadvantage to anything. Many of the spells (like Shield of Faith) have the effect hard coded into the ruleset.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; November 16th, 2020 at 22:00.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information