STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    I was hoping you might do a Starfinder cgen release...
    Hate to get your hopes up, but It's a bit of a low probability as I tend to write extensions for systems I run. I already run a SR5E/Coriolis/Traveller hybrid game so that kinda fulfills my sci-fi niche. There's also the unknown if there will be an OGL ruleset for Starfinder but even if there was, the probability is pretty low. Either way CGen is open source and the logic is pretty easy if not rudimentary to follow so someone could fork it easily.

Given that Starfinder is in the process of being released, and Paizo is working with FG, there's a good chance everything you'll need will be purchasable as opposed to all the fluff and various books for PF which will probably never grace the store page.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    Is this actually out yet?
    nope- gen con release date. just seeing what can be cobbled together in advance since there wont be an official FG release at launch.
    And Ken L. - understood but still hopeful for one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    There's also the unknown if there will be an OGL ruleset for Starfinder...
    This is not unknown.

Starfinder will follow the OGL. *And* it will have an online reference document like Pathfinder.

https://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dy...mpatibility#42

Compatibility License.

It's unknown if there will be a ruleset for FG or if it'll be only be for the official paid release.

Official launch is at GenCon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    It's unknown if there will be a ruleset for FG or if it'll be only be for the official paid release.
    That is also not unknown. SmiteWorks obtained a license for Starfinder at the same time as Pathfinder. The catch is it has no ruleset developer yet so it's going to be awhile before we see anything in the store for Starfinder. Until then, I expect the community will simply "make do" using the PFRPG ruleset and manual die rolls, etc.

If you're curious about ship combat and such a playthrough demo of nothing but ship stuff was posted on YouTube back in May. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHblfcG56Y It's all hex based rather than grid based. Seems pretty simple-ish to be honest, which is fine.

Well, I pre-ordered the Core Rule book so maybe by the time I'm finished reading the 500+ pages the FG ruleset will be out. lol

Registration for Starfinder Society PC's is now open on the Paizo website.

So far I'm loving what I've read of the Starfinder Core Rules. FG needs to get some folks assigned to the conversion ASAP!! It will be a beautiful thing.

Thread Information