5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    So this is pretty much done. I'm ironing out the last few bugs, some of which are quite weird. There is an issue with how the ruleset cycles through entries in the Combat Tracker (they don't always go in the order of the sort, and if you remove something mid-round the CT skips people). I avoid this by not removing anyone until the end of the current round. Some other issue might arise; if they do let me know as much as you can remember about what you were doing when they happened.

Beta version is up.
    Last edited by Nickademus; July 25th, 2017 at 21:18.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Fantastic work! This is really great. I may not have my settings correct though. It won't cycle through each NPC, PC in the combat tracker correctly.

When I end the turn of the abjurer, it goes right to the PC Leovold, even though there are 2 more NPCs with better initiatives.
    Attachment 19970

I have some screen captures for you, and my combat options are visible in the second one.
    Attachment 19971

Also, I am unable to select the PC to choose their options. I have cleared the ownership of the pc and I still can't control it. I use the software at my table to run adventures, but other players don't bring computers. I did that for a while but we didn't like all of us hiding behind laptops.

For this to work for me I need to be able to select the pc's combat options for them and roll initiative for them and the NPCs.

Is there a way to have an auto roll option like there is in the combat tracker?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxen007 View Post
    It won't cycle through each NPC, PC in the combat tracker correctly. When I end the turn of the abjurer, it goes right to the PC Leovold, even though there are 2 more NPCs with better initiatives.
    From the screen shot it appears as if it is cycling through them all in proper order. I did notice it skipping CT entries while I was playing around:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    There is an issue with how the ruleset cycles through entries in the Combat Tracker (they don't always go in the order of the sort, and if you remove something mid-round the CT skips people). I avoid this by not removing anyone until the end of the current round.
    Do you remove anyone from the Combat Tracker after rolling initiative? If not, I'll need some more information about the situation which is causing the skip (options won't really matter as there are no options being set for this extension).

Also, I am unable to select the PC to choose their options. I have cleared the ownership of the pc and I still can't control it. I use the software at my table to run adventures, but other players don't bring computers. I did that for a while but we didn't like all of us hiding behind laptops.
    This is not currently supported. Once the initial extension is more stable I'll add a couple features in, one of which is the ability for the GM to open a PC's sheet and pull up an individual tracker keyed to just that PC. But right now the tracker assumes that an FG client is accessing all the PCs.

Is there a way to have an auto roll option like there is in the combat tracker?
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'auto roll' as this style of initiative requires input each round rendering automation impossible.

Difficult to tell from the screenshots but it looks like you may have the NPCs not visible and the skip hidden actors option set.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It does look like that.

Blog Entries
    Was going to say the same thing.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Yes. That was the problem. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post

I'm not sure what you mean by 'auto roll' as this style of initiative requires input each round rendering automation impossible.
    Once you select the actions of each NPC, can you press one button to roll everyone at once?

I doubt I will implement that because the actions of the NPCs should usually be more fluid. I foresee too many situations where a GM will mindlessly click the Roll All button after locking all the NPCs only to go 'Shoot! I wanted to change what so-and-so did this round.' The point of this extension, and the rule system it enables, is to make you (and the players) think every round about tactics. The locking of actions should be enough to give the GM the speed to keep up with the players when choosing actions.

I have found that when I load in the encounter, or drop in a monster from the NPC menu, they load in with 0 HP, and all their actions, traits are blank in the combat tracker.

Thread Information