FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    I was looking more closely at my IFT effects today and they seem ok for an attack, however, they don't seem to apply to the second crit confirmation attack (Attack: Critical confirm setting is turned on) that is rolled if a crit threat is initially rolled.
    Note: I set the Crit threat range to "10-20" for testing so I wouldn't have to roll forever. Therefore, where you see [CRIT 10] and crit confirmation attempts on values below 20 it's because I expanded the threat range for testing.

These are the results I see on a roll that is a crit threat when using IFT with no other attack or damage effects active except the IFT I list below:

My effect:
    Favored enemy (Dragon); IFT: TYPE (dragon); ATK: 2; DMG: 2

The attack:
    Attack text plus Dice Bubble Numbers in italics: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [CRIT 10]; 15 + 14 29
    Results text line: Attack [31] -> [at Dragon, White (Adult)][EFFECTS +2][CRITICAL THREAT]

So far so good. IFT worked whereby even though the die roll bubble text showed a total of 29, the results text output showed an actual number of 31 and included the +2 effect.

The confirmation roll
    Attack text plus Dice Bubble Numbers in italics: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [CRIT 10][CONFIRM]; 8 + 14 22
    Results text line: Attack [22] -> [at Dragon, White (Adult)][CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]

In the confirmation roll, I don't see the EFFECTS +2 in the Results text line and the actual reported result total attack number is the same as the chat bubble reported total attack number (22). Thus it seems that the IFT effect did not apply to the confirmation roll.

Are confirmation rolls not strictly considered attack rolls then (in the programming sense)?
    Does the effect therefore need to also include "CC: 2"? When trying CC: 2 within the same effect, it seems to work, although it reflects the correct total in the dice bubble as well as the results text with a displayed effect of [CONFIRM +2]. It also only triggers it appropriately on the same type of creature applicable to the effect but not crit threats on other types because it is still within the IFT statement.
    Last edited by Terminsel; September 26th, 2020 at 16:24.

theres no + in any effects... would be

Dwarfdef; IFT: TYPE (giant); AC: 5, dodge

Quote Originally Posted by Terminsel View Post
    I was looking more closely at my IFT effects today and they seem ok for an attack, however, they don't seem to apply to the second crit confirmation attack (Attack: Critical confirm setting is turned on) that is rolled if a crit threat is initially rolled.
    Note: I set the Crit threat range to "10-20" for testing so I wouldn't have to roll forever. Therefore, where you see [CRIT 10] and crit confirmation attempts on values below 20 it's because I expanded the threat range for testing.

These are the results I see on a roll that is a crit threat when using IFT with no other attack or damage effects active except the IFT I list below:

My effect:
    Favored enemy (Dragon); IFT: TYPE (dragon); ATK: 2; DMG: 2

The attack:
    Attack text plus Dice Bubble Numbers in italics: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [CRIT 10]; 15 + 14 29
    Results text line: Attack [31] -> [at Dragon, White (Adult)][EFFECTS +2][CRITICAL THREAT]

So far so good. IFT worked whereby even though the die roll bubble text showed a total of 29, the results text output showed an actual number of 31 and included the +2 effect.

The confirmation roll
    Attack text plus Dice Bubble Numbers in italics: [ATTACK (M)] Bite [CRIT 10][CONFIRM]; 8 + 14 22
    Results text line: Attack [22] -> [at Dragon, White (Adult)][CRIT NOT CONFIRMED]

In the confirmation roll, I don't see the EFFECTS +2 in the Results text line and the actual reported result total attack number is the same as the chat bubble reported total attack number (22). Thus it seems that the IFT effect did not apply to the confirmation roll.

Are confirmation rolls not strictly considered attack rolls then (in the programming sense)?
    Does the effect therefore need to also include "CC: 2"? When trying CC: 2 within the same effect, it seems to work, although it reflects the correct total in the dice bubble as well as the results text with a displayed effect of [CONFIRM +2]. It also only triggers it appropriately on the same type of creature applicable to the effect but not crit threats on other types because it is still within the IFT statement.
    Yes, the CC is not correctly affected by ATK effects in an IFT effect at the moment sadly, reported by Svandal e.g. here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post539051

I believe that this is target to be fixed, because there are some problems with CC and manual rolls, too

PS: Yes, effects of ATK and DMG which only apply to certain targets are only shown in the "applied to" messages; imagine you have multiple targets, then you do not want that the base roll is affected (not impossible, but then one needs to subtract the bonus for certain targets again, also not intuitive )

What you may be able to do is:

IFT: TYPE(dragon); ATK: 2; DMG: 2; CC: 2

(so, an extra effect for the CC to take account of that atk loss; but make sure to remove that part when the ATK gets fixed )

Quote Originally Posted by vyruxx View Post
    iam seeing that Dmg is apply but not ATK.
    Attachment 19855
    IFT: TYPE(giant); ATK: +2; DMG: +2
    works for me

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by wakhere View Post
    i have Coded "Dwarfdef; IFT:TYPEgiant);AC :+5 dodge" but it does not appear to work.
    i am expecting DEF EFFECTS +5 on the results field but I see nothing...
    the attack is a standard OGRE...
    i have used port evil "Prot Evil; IFT:ALIGNevil);AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance" and that works fine

what am I missing ?
    Try

IF: giant; AC: +5 dodge
    Then attack with the giant, should see a [+4 defensive effect]

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Thread Information