STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Blog Entries
    Or have it be like Steam and other platforms where you can see a notification that each item has an update waiting but you can choose to manually select that update rather than a blanket Update All which is FG's only option currently.

Which, again, will have to wait on Unity as they have no intention of changing the launcher UI on the old engine, far as I've been told when I've asked.

Blog Entries
    And maybe if you try to load a module that has been marked out of date you get a warning? That would help with the problem Trenloe mentioned (which would certainly happen and be the cause of many posts on the forums).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    I don't think Microsoft does updates as frequently, being satisfied to update on the 2nd Tuesday of the month....
    Non-critical updates only. Keep in mind by default Windows 10 systems check daily for updates from MS and will silently download them.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Anyhow, I am getting a bit tired of my FG launch being slowed by the frequent updates. But perhaps a bit less frequency is worth considering since even OS makers realize that pace matters.
    I certainly hope not. I want to see those updates as soon as possible. That means something was fixed. This is always a good thing.

I know this topic is pretty well hashed out. But, I was thinking that if updates were interfering with your prep time, you could always run the updater AFTER your prep session.

That way, at worst, you're one session 'out of date'. That's not so bad! Anyway, food for thought. It sounds like the SCAG is through it's update frenzy already, so.... *shrug*

Thread Information