5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 18 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    @edem,

1)
    If the player is already targeting a creature when it is changed from visible to invisible in the CT, then the target is removed. If the GM targets an invisible creature in the CT with a PC, then the invisible creature's name will show up in the PC's targets in the player CT, but the token will still not be visible on the map.

If the PC makes an attack, damage or other roll which applies to the target while the invisible creature is targeted, then the results of the roll (comparison to AC with hit/miss, damage applied, etc.) will only be shown to the GM, not to players.

Also, I just want to clarify, when I say invisible, I am talking about the combat tracker visibility setting for the creature in the combat tracker, not the Invisibility condition of the game system.

2)
    The effect targets can be changed at any time by the player who applied the effect. It works just like the GM effect targeting. Drag the targeting button onto the desired targets to add an effect target, or click on the effect targets list to clear all effect targets. You have to expand the effect details for the creature in the combat tracker to see the extra buttons to turn the effect on/off, adjust targeting, or remove effect.

Regards,
    JPG

@Wookiee420,

The code assumes that the reference manual is always built under the same path for all modules.
    "reference.refmanualindex.chapters"

The Sixth Gun module uses a slightly different path:
    "reference.referencemanual.chapters"

The code that manages the buttons currently assumes a path in order to find page index for next/prev. I'll see if I can use a pattern match to find "chapters" instead to allow the code to adapt. The code still assumes only a single reference manual per module.

JPG

Blog Entries
    @MW -- oh, yeah we all stopped using refmanualindex a long time ago since we figured out how to have everything in a single spot instead of split into two like the old PAR5E did. "refmanualindex" is neither in the Reference Manual wiki page nor the Best Practice Data Paths dev page. I think all of us (non-PAR5Ers anyway) switched to simply "referencemanual."

And no, here's Jericho Rose on my end, only the IZ2.0 extension nothing else.

Attachment 19808
    Last edited by Talyn; July 14th, 2017 at 21:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @edem,

1)
    If the player is already targeting a creature when it is changed from visible to invisible in the CT, then the target is removed. If the GM targets an invisible creature in the CT with a PC, then the invisible creature's name will show up in the PC's targets in the player CT, but the token will still not be visible on the map.

If the PC makes an attack, damage or other roll which applies to the target while the invisible creature is targeted, then the results of the roll (comparison to AC with hit/miss, damage applied, etc.) will only be shown to the GM, not to players.

Also, I just want to clarify, when I say invisible, I am talking about the combat tracker visibility setting for the creature in the combat tracker, not the Invisibility condition of the game system.
    Got it.
    Personally I would prefer if that could include "invisible targeting", but I'm not gonna complain, this is still a good feature.

2)
    The effect targets can be changed at any time by the player who applied the effect. It works just like the GM effect targeting. Drag the targeting button onto the desired targets to add an effect target, or click on the effect targets list to clear all effect targets. You have to expand the effect details for the creature in the combat tracker to see the extra buttons to turn the effect on/off, adjust targeting, or remove effect.

Regards,
    JPG
    Is there any chance that including the Effect Targeting way could be incorporated in the future? I mean, dragging around is a good option, however for less savvy characters it would be easier if you could set it up that e.g. when I use Hex while targeting an enemy, it would add the DMG: 1d6 to self, automatically setting the effect target to the target.
    Again, not complaining that the current one is useless, don't get me wrong, however for less than advanced users it's not that straightforward or useful.
    Natural 20 - that's how I roll.

I just ran the updater for 3.3.2 and it won't update - all the back-slash folder separators ("\") are forward-slashes ("/") e.g. C:/FG/Data, which is normally C:\FG\DATA). Is this an error?

@Moon Wizard,
    Here is me testing it out with the Eris Beta- V RefMan, and there are no controls...(just showing you more products it doesnt show up on)

Attachment 19838
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

@El Condoro,

All of the file slashes are stored inside the FG client as forward slashes in order to prevent issues with mixed slash usage. This shouldn't prevent FG from updating. Can you run an update with Enhanced Loggig enabled, and look at the update.log file?

Regards,
    JPG

@Moon Wizard
    Must have been a once-off problem - just tried again (with Enhanced Logging on) and no issue. Go figure, but then my laptop can be a bit strange. Now to testing stuff. Cheers

[5e ruleset] I'm not sure how the CT effects from the player-side are supposed to work. I have been able to apply effects to my own PC when it is my turn or not and to any NPC whether it is my turn or not - is this how it is intended to work? I can delete effects on my PC at any time, also. I assumed handling effects by the player would only be available on the PC's turn.

Any effects applied by a specific player can be edited in a limited fashion (on/off, adjust targets, deletion) by that player at any time. Any effects not applied by that player can not be edited in any way (just like GM added effects).

JPG

Thread Information