FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Hey guys,

Quick question on crit & fumble tables. I'm messing around with them, as a very new user to FGU, i'm looking to make the tables only apply to the type of attack in question. I'm sure you guys have worked around this yourself, I want to avoid the, well we didn't use a spell or how did my weapon strike a wall when I'm using a bow type of situations.

Any advice appreciated.

G'day there. The method I have gone for is seperate tables for different attack types. For example Slashing, piercing, bludgeoning and magic. There are some good examples out there on the net for 5E d&d that you could use and adapt for your game system. It's not hard to have 4 or 5 tables on hand, as you can add them to your quick bar.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dual23 View Post
    Hey guys,

Quick question on crit & fumble tables. I'm messing around with them, as a very new user to FGU, i'm looking to make the tables only apply to the type of attack in question. I'm sure you guys have worked around this yourself, I want to avoid the, well we didn't use a spell or how did my weapon strike a wall when I'm using a bow type of situations.

Any advice appreciated.
    The way I do it, is to add a line to the effect:

"If this is not possible, you gain an Action point, that you can use only during this encounter and that doesn't count towards the usual limit on how many action points can be used in an encounter."

...or, in case of fumble table
    "If this is not possible, the enemy you fumbled against gains an Action point, that you can use only during this encounter and that doesn't count towards the usual limit on how many action points can be used in an encounter."

Hope this helps!
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

This is an issue with transferring from FGC to FGU. For some reason my critical hit tables, which I made myself, do not show up in FGU even though we used them extensively in FGC. I don't know how to get those activated as the data certainly must be there. In fact under options I note that it says to use default FG tables, but nothing happens when someone gets a crit. Ultimately I want to use my tables that I used for ages under FGU but perhaps my inability to find those tables is related to the crit tables not working at all?

I just tested and the default critical hit and fumble tables do work.

What do you mean by not show up? Do you mean that your tables don't show on the tables list? I'm assuming you did move the modules from FGC/modules into FGU/modules?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Copy over your crit module to the FGU modules directory, and remember to activate (open) that module in the module activation screen.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    This is an issue with transferring from FGC to FGU. For some reason my critical hit tables, which I made myself, do not show up in FGU even though we used them extensively in FGC. I don't know how to get those activated as the data certainly must be there. In fact under options I note that it says to use default FG tables, but nothing happens when someone gets a crit. Ultimately I want to use my tables that I used for ages under FGU but perhaps my inability to find those tables is related to the crit tables not working at all?
    You want to share your crit module I can test it ☺️

Also, I wonder if you definitely have crit and fumble turned on in the game settings?

I copied my entire /FGC/Campaign/mycampaign over to FGU/samestuff.....
    There is no module to open for my critical hits nor can I find the table through any search after conversion. Nevertheless I have started to manually recreate the tables so I have what is now an even more important question if this is even possible. Is there a way that I can automatically pick up the weapon damage type (5E/pierce, slash or blunt) and then roll on a table specific for that damage type? I already know how to have it automatically go to a location table based upon where the hit happened, i.e. head, torso, etc. But I don't know how to automatically pick up the damage type. Is this possible in FGU?
    NOTE: I did NOT have that ability set up in FGC but always wanted to do exactly that. my loss of crit tables seems to be the perfect time to try it out if it is possible?
    Thanks in advance for any replies.

I have no doubt you could do this if you were to write an extension but there isn't a way within FG to test what the damage type is and then do something based on that.

Also your tables won't be in the campaign folder but rather the modules folder. At least that's where they should be anyway.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information