5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

effect for advantage on saves vs greater favored enemy

So I have the effect working to check when my ranger attacks, if its vs a humanoid (revised ranger rules), he does +4 extra damage. This works, but when that same enemy attacks my ranger Im supposed to get advantage on the saves. How do I place an effect on my ranger, so that if the attacker is humanoid, I get advantage on saves.

Possibly IFT:TYPE(humanoid); ADVSAV. but I'm not sure without testing.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That works when I target and attack an enemy. They get the ADV effect added so when I melee or range attack I get adv. what I need is when the characters attack me, if they are humanoid, I get advantage. Instead of target, if the attacker is humanoid and I've not attackee them so they don't already have the disadv on them, I need it to grant me adv vs an attacker and be not put the effect on already.

On reflection, I don't think you can set an effect for this. Saving throws are effectively part of the attack action of the NPC or PC who is doing the attacking, so that means that IFT won't work because your character isn't testing what it's target is when the character is the target. IFT only works against the actual target so the test would need to be on the NPC doing the attack. Furthermore you can't force an advantage or disadvantage on a character from an attack. The advantage sits on the character being attacked.

You can set up a custom condition which can be used for attack and damage modifiers; but that won't help with saves either given the way saving throws work. So looks like the advantage on the save will need to be done manually.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The save effects cannot be targeted, so IFT does not work with ADVSAV.

Effects that can be targeted have a (T) in the notes column here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ects#Modifiers
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

West Virginia (not the redneckish part), USA
    Is there a way to put it on a hotkey as an interim fix ?
    No matter where you go, there you are !!
    Ultimate License

Thread Information