Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Calirae unfortunately Yakos (Sorry Bruno) extension contains a lot of files that it doesnt need which means it is far more likely to get broken.
    Try this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you, Damned; it's working like a charm!
    Now back to making my players go mad...

Primeval Thule: Fame, Power and Sanity

Damned,
    thanks for this extension. I'm running a Primeval Thule campaign and there are rules for Fame/Power/Sanity in the Gamemaster's Companion. I'm not sure of the etiquette for modifying/reusing code from your extensions so please let me know if I need to make changes.

I used your 5ESanity extension to add Power and Fame Ability/Saves as well as adding those options to the party sheet. Maybe someone else will find this useful.

5E Fame/Power/Sanity Ability and Saving throws for Primeval Thule Campaign Setting in Fantasy Grounds:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Figured I would reply to this thread rather than creating a brand new one. I'm having a hell of a time getting extensions like these to actually work.

What I'm trying to do is add an ability score called "Awareness", replace Perception with a skill called Intuition (for now I've just added Intuition and kept Perception), and then tie passive perception to the Awareness ability score + proficiency bonus rather than the Perception skill like it is now. I've written an extension to do this (at least the first part, I want that working before I tackle the rest) but it's just not working like it's supposed to.

What is working:
    - It will add the ability score to the main character sheet window, and it does properly calculate the modifier. It will also add it to the saves section, but I don't really want Awareness saves so I've just haven't included that.
    - The Intuition skill is showing up and working fine.

What isn't working:
    - When making a check using the ability it will not add the ability modifier to the roll. I've installed damned's 5ESanity.ext and kuthulu's 5E-Fame-Power-Sanity.ext just to test if they work, and I'm having the same problem with those.
    - Even though the Awareness ability is being added, it does not appear as an ability option under the skills menu. For example, if you click on the "Dex" under "STAT" on Acrobatics to cycle through the various ability's, the "Awr" that I've added is not an option. This matters because if I want passive perception to be calculated different I have two options, 1. tie it to a different skill that uses Awareness instead of Wisdom (this isn't as clean or ideal, but would be the simplest solution) or 2. change the record_char_main.xml section on passive perception to tie directly to the ability score and then add the character's proficiency bonus to that (not sure how to accomplish this).
    - In order to accomplish #1 above, I changed the data_common.lua so that the perception skill uses awareness, i.e. [Interface.getString("skill_value_perception")] = { lookup = "perception", stat = 'awareness' }, however, perception is still just defaulting to Wis in FG so I must be missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    AuzieX

Thanks a ton damned. Looks like the issue was with the template_sanity.xml. I did a FiF for "Wis" thinking that would get me to where those were defined, but didn't think to try "wis". Tricksy.

Now that is working I'll see if I can figure out the passive perception thing. I'm guessing I'll have to write a script to add "profbonus" and "abilities.awareness.bonus" together somehow within the <number_charmain_skill_passive name="perception"> area of record_char_main.xml.

Thanks!

edit: Oh man this is driving me nuts. So I took your extension, and I did a find/replace for every instance of "sanity" "SAN" and "san" in every file with "awareness" "AWR" and "awr" respectively, and now all the sudden it won't add the modifier to the roll. When I switch them all back to "sanity" "SAN" and "san" in the exact same way it suddenly works again. I'm at a loss. Is it a database issue?
    Last edited by AuzieX; March 10th, 2021 at 07:19.

Blog Entries
    No the main issue was manager_actor_5E_sanity.lua not being called properly.
    If you did a FiF replace then you probably replaced some strings like this:

<includefile source="strings/strings_5e_sanity.xml" />
    <!-- Additional Templates for Sanity -->
    <includefile source="campaign/template_sanity.xml" />

<!-- High-level scripts -->
    <script name="DataCommon" file="scripts/data_common_sanity.lua" />
    <script name="ActorManager5E" file="scripts/manager_actor_5E_sanity.lua" />

Did you also rename the files?

Right, no I didn't do a FiF replace, I went through each file separately and I didn't touch the extension.xml file or change the filenames. I changed the content, not the structure.

I wanted to have a stat for divine spellcasters to keep track of their devotion to their god, so I took this script, and changed out every reference to "sanity" for "sanctity," works great! Now, is there a way to make that attribute only appear for certain classes? I'm not a coder, I just know how to use find/replace.

Thread Information