Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

5E Sanity Extension : Help?

Hi there. I was just hoping to get some help with a small little extension I've been playing around with. The group that I play with utilizes the Sanity optional rule, and I'm trying to add that in as an ability score. As it has been, we have just been tracking it via a custom skill check, but I figured I'd try my hand at going a bit more in-depth.

As a note, I'm primarily just trying to get the rolls to work off the character sheet. I know there is probably some stuff back-end concerning the combat tracker, but we'll get there xD Sanity saves are almost always manually rolled via the player playing the character, so back-end GM stuff isn't a high priority (yet).

I've gotten this MOSTLY working. Sanity appears on the main character page under the other abilities and saves. The modifiers are calculated appropriately, and when rolled it comes up as either a sanity check or save.

HOWEVER, the roadblock I hit is when you roll the sanity check/save, the modifier it adds is the ability score - not the appropriate modifier.

I'm not sure where to go from here in order to fix it. I'm not lua/xml proficient yet - it's a learning process that I'm kind of slowly working through by making little extensions like this. It's as much as learning experience for me as anything else so that I can (hopefully) do some more fun stuff for my group in the future. I know right now things are probably a bit sloppy seeing I'm piecing formatting and such together from what I have observed in other extensions. My main realm of coding expertise is in the design realm with CSS/HTML/ and that such, so programming is a new ballpark for me.

Here is the extension file I have so far, which will hopefully help.

Any progress with this one sir?

How do I install it?

Unzip it and place it in your extension folder. Not sure what's in that file though. It might not be a completed extension
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

This extension add the stat, save to the character sheet, to combat tracker, to party sheet and to npc sheet and make all rolls.
    Last edited by YAKO SOMEDAKY; September 20th, 2017 at 01:57.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I did an extension based on sanity ... but then you need to improve it, when I say in improve, say, remove the excess files ....
    Thanks sir.

This extension add the stat, save to the character sheet, to combat tracker, to party sheet and to npc sheet and make all rolls.
    Thanks for the extension.
    Could you either share the files or also add Honor and Appearance to the extension?

I could try making two other extensions, with these features ...
    But since I'm not a deep DnD connoisseur, I need to know if she finishes check and save.

I could try making two other extensions, with these features ...
    But since I'm not a deep DnD connoisseur, I need to know if she finishes check and save.
    It is working just fine, I ran some checks and saves yesterday at one of my games.

Hey guys!

Sorry for bringing back this thread from the graveyard, but I just recently found out about this extension and am using the one that yako2020 provided! The extension itself is working perfectly, but while the it is loaded, the program is spitting out the following error message whenever I try to create a new entry in a character's inventory (it still lets me create new inventory entries, so it's mostly a nuisance):
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_invlist.lua"]: 129: attempt to call field 'setValue' (a nil value)

Do any of you coding-savvy people know of a way to fix this issue?

Thread Information