FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Well you can make them at different spell levels and different classes.

Check out how PCGen lets you make custom scrolls and potions / oils.
    Ok, I've just had a look at how PC Gen manages this. It's rather interesting, but I have a couple of concerns.

The first is that I'd have to manage long lists of spells (as I recall, there are over 300 spells merely in the CRB) that will encumber quite a lot the comboboxes and make the extension a bit cumbersome to use. I'm not even sure the comboboxes in Fantasy Grounds could withhold such punishment. Perhaps there are other widgets available that could handle this better, but I'd have to spend a lot of some time experimenting.

My other concern is that is that searching for a potion/wand/scroll from an item module (such as the PFRPG Magic Items module or my own Ultimate Equipment module) will probably satisfy 95% of the needs of most GM and players while being much faster than using such an extension. I'm not sure I want to spend a lot of time programming something that would save me perhaps a couple of minutes... per campaign.

I'm not rejecting the proposal outright, but I'm afraid it would be rather low on my list of priorities.

I think the way of tackling it is to hack into the spell window and add a button to 'convert to item'. Any spell can be converted into a scroll, only potions 1-3 can be converted. Honestly I'd just let anything work for either to save the hassle as everyone has some homebrew of some kind or the rare potion of greater heroism.

Either way, this is a great extension for custom item users.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    I think the way of tackling it is to hack into the spell window and add a button to 'convert to item'. Any spell can be converted into a scroll, only potions 1-3 can be converted. Honestly I'd just let anything work for either to save the hassle as everyone has some homebrew of some kind or the rare potion of greater heroism.

Either way, this is a great extension for custom item users.
    That's a good idea. I'll look into it when I have some time.

Does this work with FGU?

Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus219 View Post
    Does this work with FGU?
    Have you tried it in FGU?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Have you tried it in FGU?
    I have not. I can try it, I just assumed unless it was updated it wouldn't work in FGU. I will give it a go tonight.

this looks really useful... will try it tonight.

quick question: does it adjust gp value as well when adding extras, like enhancement and material (e.g. +1 adamantine [weapon])?
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

As far as I have seen, yes It adjusts the value, too

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    As far as I have seen, yes It adjusts the value, too
    sweet!
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Does this extension require some other specific extension or module aside from the pathfinder core to function? Trying it out in FGC the drop down for the Bonus field populates but the Special Material, Special ability 1 and Special ability 2 drop downs contain only "None" for me.

UPDATE: Hmm nevermind....for whatever reason it is working now. Tried unloading extensions and it worked...added them back in one at a time and it continues to work.
    Last edited by mozmonar; April 4th, 2020 at 21:34.

Thread Information