DICE PACKS BUNDLE

DL:R Card Table and Duels (again)

I was testing out the new version yesterday with a play-through of Blood Drive 1.
    When I got to the first duel, and tried using the card table to set it up, I ran into trouble.

1. I could not add the NPC to the table.
    Searching through some old threads, the suggestion was to drag the NPC token to the table. The NPC in this scenario had no token, so I edited it and assigned a draggable (from the NPC sheet) token, but still no luck. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

2. After trying all ways of adding the NPC to the table I could come up with, I gave up and converted the NPC to a playable character.
    I could add that character to the table, but playing as GM I couldn't see the characters cards when the "private cards" setting was swithced on. In other words: no help. I can think of other situations when a GM would like to take control of a character and use int on the card table. Any way of doing this without starting a separate client? Would the same thing happen if I somehow managed to add the NPC to the table?

DLR's Card Table has never supported NPC seats. Only PCs could have been added to the table. What you could do is launch another instance of FG and connect as client to localhost address. This way you can control PC and but that character to card table. Anyways, I do agree that Card Table should support NPCs as well, but like said, it was not implemented that way, but could be improvement
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

You could add the request here: https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    DLR's Card Table has never supported NPC seats. Only PCs could have been added to the table. What you could do is launch another instance of FG and connect as client to localhost address. This way you can control PC and but that character to card table. Anyways, I do agree that Card Table should support NPCs as well, but like said, it was not implemented that way, but could be improvement
    It must have done once though..

Otherwise I could would not have logged the request to hide cards from GM, when NPCs were playing poker: https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=34179
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post

Otherwise I could would not have logged the request to hide cards from GM, when NPCs were playing poker: https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=34179
    There was a bug that made player's hands public to GM no matter what. Even if you would connect with secondary FG instance as client you would be seeing other player's cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post

It almost certainly did support NPCs at the table. Any seat with a token (even if that token did not belong to a PC or NPC) should have been dealt to, from memory.

Hasn't been touched in a long-ish time, but perhaps something underneath it shifted and caused the behaviour to change. I'll try and take a look whilst I'm fixing up some graphical issues that came up in recent builds.

Ben
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

The screenshots in post #1 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Card-Table-bug appear to suggest that NPCs could be part of the duel - in this example, there's only one PC active in the campaign (seen from the portrait on the top right of the desktop), but there is the PC and a (N)PC? at the card table. Or, was this a second uncontrolled PC added by the GM from the character selection screen?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm having the same issue and a new one with FGU. The fact that in FGU the card table only shows your most recent card. Is it possible to fix both fo these?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottoman42 View Post
    I'm having the same issue and a new one with FGU. The fact that in FGU the card table only shows your most recent card. Is it possible to fix both fo these?
    It is not a rule set error unfortunately FGU bug, so it might be a while...
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information