STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 20 First 123412 ... Last

Thread: TORG - Eternity

Would typically like a good character sheet with all the pertinent information as well as the appropriate die rolling mechanics, which Torg has some unusual aspects.

Maybe this sounds odd, but as I bring people into VTT gaming and FG specifically, one of the selling points is the actual bounding dice and the results they show. Players seem to enjoy that process tremendously, and even though they aren't actually rolling dice physically, the visual control of that aspect seems to satisfy them greatly.

We were chatting about that very visceral satisfaction of dice rolling over on the Ullises Spiele forums in terms of VTT for Torg:E.
    While it would be great if the dice could be automated, I would just as much like to just have the correct "looking" dice for Torg:E and to just manage the multiple rolls of the dice manually. Just like I would at the tabletop.
    There is also the need to manage the expenditure of possibilities (which allow you to roll again and add) which I think would make any degree of effective automation pretty damn near impossible.

Also if you weren't aware, the Kickstarter is doing wonderfully and we recently broke the stretch goal to have a new Infiniverse (if you know what that is then you should be excited).

Well the Kickstarter finished with a final tally of $355k. Needless to say, a success.

So we need to start wondering about maintaining 2 different card decks, a hand of cards for each player and an in combat pool of cards for the same.
    Everything else can be managed without much in the way of resource.

While not being ideal, it can be accomplished using a combination of Trenloe's Table Card Extension, the MoreCore character sheet section that accepts drag and drop images and the hot buttons on the bottom of the FG desktop, which also accept drag and drop images.

Basically, you roll in the table to see which card is drawn. Drag that link from the chat to the character sheet (which serves as your hand), drag to the hotbar and delete from the character sheet (which serves as playing the card from your hand to the card pool in front of you), when you choose to activate the card, simply delete it off of the hotbar and it's been played.

For GM only cards, you can likely do something similar by maybe having a dummy character sheet that could hold the cards or possibly a story panel that you could drag and drop the cards onto or something.

At any rate, while a bit clunky, admittedly, it is very possible to make this work using the existing functionality in FG.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Ok, I see how that should all work.
    Can you return the card from the hotbar to the character sheet? As at the end of combat all cards from the pool are returned to the hand.
    The GM cards however only govern the initiative and combat organisation. So don't need to be held in a hand but DO need to be visible to all concerned.
    Would the story panel fulfil that?

You can drag and drop the card image from the hotbar back onto the character sheet and then delete it from the hotbar.

As for being able to share the card images so all can see them, well, they are images, so the GM would be able to share them just like any other image. He can also drag and drop them onto the chat window and it will share the clickable link. Players don't have the capability to share images, of course, but I think that the player can use dragging and dropping onto the chat to share the link (that is what you would want to do when playing the card; drag onto chat and then delete from hotbar).

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

I've seen the Roll20 implementation, I can't wait to see how multiple decks can be handled in FG.

Such ability already exists. Just scan in your card images and play around with it. My ideas about how to handle it will work, but perhaps you might find a better way. As I said previously, it is possible, albeit a little clunky. However, if you are waiting for a cleaner implementation, I don't see it coming. I don't have the skill to do it, and I don't see anyone else here that might that has the time and interest to do so.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    You can drag and drop the card image from the hotbar back onto the character sheet and then delete it from the hotbar.
    Which area of the MoreCore character sheet allows the image to be docked? or is there an additional extension to enable that?

I have been able to drag from chat into one of the 6 areas on the front page but cannot then click the link in order to open the card image in order to view the detail.

Thread Information