FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... Last

Thread: TORG - Eternity

TORG - Eternity

Current Extension is found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post508953
    14th May 2020
    Last edited by damned; October 7th, 2021 at 13:51.

Looks like Trenloe's card table extension might deal (pun intended) with the cards side of things.

Blog Entries
    I saw the KS start up and all, but looking at all the Lua scripting necessary to pull this off in FG? I'm gonna NOPE right outta that one.

I'm already working on a Torg Extension for MoreCore, with some substantial work already finished and more planned on it. Search the forums for my previous posts on this topic. As I, obviously, haven't seen what the new game will bring, I am currently basing it on the old game. I'll update it to have support for the new game as well once it gets released.

Actually, here is one of the links: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ght=masterbook and drilling down a little deeper into that thread, i posted this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...6&d=1490238910.

I plan to return to work on the extension after I finish my work on the Champions extension for MoreCore.
    Last edited by vodokar; June 1st, 2017 at 00:03.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

I suppose that the main difference between Torg Eternity and OTorg is that the drama deck is split into two.
    So whatever is done needs to be able to manage "2" different card decks.
    One is still the controller for combat, so doesn't need to be player interactable.
    The other is the players deck, which is the whole Hand and Pool process.

There are effectively a third set of cards, but these are less random and the players only get one from that deck per scene (I think). they are essentially drama cards with a thematic link to the cosm the storm knights are currently in.
    So thinking about it a little further the players get X cards from the main deck and 1 from the cosm specific deck to comprise their hand. So as there are 8 cosms (including Core earth) that is actually 9 separate drama decks :P

I would love to see this get some momentum. I am an ultimate license holder and run campaign in FG for 5E, AD&D, and SW:EotE, and have run campaigns in 4E and PF here, but some reuniting with my friends who I roleplayed with in the late 80s and early 90s has us looking at playing some non-fantasy based (or fantasy centric) games and someone mentioned Torg which got us hooked again on the possibility.... but we'd need to do it online.

I would (hope this doesn't sound blasphemous) consider running it over in D20 if that's the only option we really had, but would much prefer to continue to use FG as our VTT.

So count me in as someone interested in how this progresses and willing to help if possible.

I am still committed to finishing both the support for original Torg and Torg Infinity. I will be getting back to the project as soon as I can.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    I would (hope this doesn't sound blasphemous) consider running it over in D20 if that's the only option we really had, but would much prefer to continue to use FG as our VTT...
    Remember, just because a system does not (yet) have a dedicated ruleset does not mean that you can not play it on FG. CoreRPG can handle (without automation and without special types of die rolls) any/every rule system. MoreCore adds a great deal to CoreRPG, especially special die rolls and can also be used for any system.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

@LordEntrails: True, but it is always a little easier to pull people in when they see the visuals to compliment the game. The efforts to bring SW: Edge of the Empire to FG is an example of how the community can really bring to life a game system that is different than the typical D20 based fantasy.

Thread Information