STAR TREK 2d20

Devs - XML Schema Available?

Is the XML Schema for the application available in any form? DTD XSD etc? I'm writing an app to load/edit/save complete rulesets, and having the XML Schema would be fairly useful. Right now I'm just infering it from the d20 ruleset in the resource.pak file, and doing some trial and error. If its not, for whatever reason, thats fine, it would just save me a little time.

I just got the software the other day, and at first I thought it was somewhat limited, based on a casual glance at the resource data. Then I made a new ruleset, a new character sheet, and realized just how much of how the way the application works is in the XML. I did some experiments and was very impressed, and I have decided myself and friends will all use this application. Because of that, and because I'm the graphics/programmer of the group that actually has a JOB in graphics/programming, I'm stuck writing the rulesets for all the games we play. So clearly its in my best interest to write a tool to make that easy for myself (mainly for big windowclass nodes like character sheets).

Anyway, a schema file would be nice, but isn't necessary. Let me know if something like that is or isn't available. I've already created one based on the existing data and some experimentation. It would not suprise me to find that none exists inhouse, but again, I figured I'd ask =)

We don't have an XML schema available at the moment. We'll consider producing one after the next update, but no promises yet. At the moment you are on your own...

Oh please god make this happen. I had the joy of moving data from a word doc to FG to use in a module and my god it was a pain the rear. I hate to say this, but it is my personal feeling that if moving stuff from a word doc, or text file, or whatever is this painful, FG will never gain a huge following. I am sure most DMs out there do not sit around creating their modules/adventures in FG (not spell check, xml blows ;-), no tables, etc; so having to then move everything over is ....... gah I dont want to think about it!
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Quote Originally Posted by Snikle
    Oh please god make this happen. I had the joy of moving data from a word doc to FG to use in a module and my god it was a pain the rear. I hate to say this, but it is my personal feeling that if moving stuff from a word doc, or text file, or whatever is this painful, FG will never gain a huge following. I am sure most DMs out there do not sit around creating their modules/adventures in FG (not spell check, xml blows ;-), no tables, etc; so having to then move everything over is ....... gah I dont want to think about it!
    Sounds like the developer community needs a set of "Developers Tools" for FG.
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Progress

Tool is coming along good so far

I should be able to get a lot done this weekend.

I don't suppose you are planning on releasing the tool once you are finished are you?

It would save some work

Dan.

Thread Information