DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Creating New Classes

So, I was noticing that you can actually create a new class with the C&C rules set, but I'm not seeing how you create drop text blocks for it. Is there a keyboard command to do that?

For example, if you look at a class in the ruleset... Assassin for example, There are links to pop up abilities that you can drag and drop onto a charactersheet. I'm not seeing how one creates those in the class window.

You need to create the abilities outside of the class window and then drag the ability to the window and the link will be made.

Or, create a list block (CTRL+4) and drag the links to that. See Formatted Text Fields here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ed_Text_Fields

But, you have to create the abilities first in order to be able to link to them.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Exactly. So WHERE do you create the abilities at? Not notes, tables, quests, story, etc. What is the format for abilities, so I can THEN drop them on the class list? That's my question.

Sorry, I wasn't in front of my computer so couldn't check where abilities were. Which, as you state, they aren't available as standard.

Try the attached extension called "C & C Abilities List". This will add an "Abilities" option to the library, allowing abilities to be added - and also displays those abilities from library modules. These abilities can then be dragged to a class - you'll need to manually name the link in the class record as the name doesn't come across with the drag.

These abilities can also be exported to a module for use later or combined with a custom class.

Note: currently the filter (search) at the bottom of the list doesn't work, nor does proper sorting. This is due to the C&C abilities using the "value" field for the ability name, not the more common used "name" field. This is probably the reason why abilities aren't in the campaign data lists as standard.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 16th, 2017 at 18:08. Reason: Added note about the filter
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Awesome, this should be part of the ruleset!

Also, this means I have to give up my "cheat" of putting Monster Abilities under <abilities> now... LOL

In the long run, the abilities should probably be kept on the individual race/class tabs, similar to the way that it's done in 3.5E and 5E.

Regards,
    JPG

Necroing this thread because I tried to use the above extension, and it works, but the names of the abilities I create are blank in the Abilities window.

C&C abilities.png

As you can see, when dropped onto a character sheet, the name shows up. How do I make the names visible in the Abilities window?

Blog Entries
    It's been a few years but I seem to recall having a discussion with @Moon Wizard about his above comment and that was the decision we went with. I think we may have altered something about the data which made that Abilities extension no longer valid.

The long and short of it is: use the 'Edit' icon on the class/race sheet and add the abilities there. They will populate onto the character when you drop the class/race sheet into the Abilities section of the character sheet.

Okay, dumb question, but what "Edit" icon? I can add a new class to the Classes list, but I see no way to edit an existing one.

Blog Entries
    I was specifically talking about the 'Edit' button in the Abilities tab, but if you're modifying the existing classes, all 'reference data' is set to read-only per SmiteWorks policy. So you'll need to first make a local copy of it by bringing up the master list for that record type (Classes in this case) grabbing the class you want and dropping it back into the master list window. Then just unlock the copy you made and edit away.

Here's a screenshot of an editable class along with a (blank for a new character) Abilities tab of the character sheet.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information