DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 108 First ... 567891757107 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisX View Post
    Another issue:

When toggling Identify Items on, most of the non-magical, regular items in the Core Rules and RPG are toggled as unidentified by default. This makes no sense to me, especially when a player wants to quickly look up an item or grab something for their character.

"Oh look Daphne, I found this strange elongated item with a handle and a metal, spadeshaped tip on it. Is it a weapon? Maybe it is magical! But I can't for the heck of it figure out what it is. Can you please cast identify on it?"
    Hello GenesisX, can you send me a screenshot of what you are seeing and an example? I just looked at Battleaxe and it was identified when I shared it with Item Identification turned on. When I shared Battlement Shield, it was displayed as Unidentified Item.

Last edited by ddavison; May 16th, 2017 at 18:52.

Sorry, I was not specific enough. While the items show up as normal items for the GM (as they should), they are listed as "Unidentified Item" for the players, as their default state is set to non-ID. We ran into this issue yesterday, while I was running Kingmaker, when players tried to search for equipment items.

I am currently running my Tuesdays 5E game, so I cannot make screenshots right now. I will ask my players to stick around to make some later.

Blog Entries
    I checked the player side and only the magical item showed as unidentified. See screenshot below.

Maybe it is specific to the Kingmaker module items though, but your first post indicated that it was the Core Rules items. I just want to make sure that I can reproduce exactly what you are seeing so we can fix it. The intention is that only magical items should show Unidentified Item. After thinking this over further, it would be ideal if it said "Unidentified Sword" if it was a magical sword, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to do that sort of thing.

Here is the player view of that same situation.
    Last edited by ddavison; May 16th, 2017 at 19:04.

"Kingmaker" 1,2, and 3 and "Rise of the Runelords" have been updated to fix some bugs. Details can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ates-5-16-2017

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I checked the player side and only the magical item showed as unidentified. See screenshot below.

Maybe it is specific to the Kingmaker module items though, but your first post indicated that it was the Core Rules items. I just want to make sure that I can reproduce exactly what you are seeing so we can fix it. The intention is that only magical items should show Unidentified Item. After thinking this over further, it would be ideal if it said "Unidentified Sword" if it was a magical sword, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to do that sort of thing.
    I have looked into the Kingmaker and Rise of the Runelords and there is an issue. It has to do with items that were not pulled over from the SRD. I have fixed Kingmaker Part 1 and turned it in for review. That should be updated very soon. I should have the other two Kingmaker modules and the Rise of the Runelords adventure path fixed and in for review and production release within the next couple of days.

Thank you for reporting this, GenesisX.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    I have looked into the Kingmaker and Rise of the Runelords and there is an issue. It has to do with items that were not pulled over from the SRD. I have fixed Kingmaker Part 1 and turned it in for review. That should be updated very soon. I should have the other two Kingmaker modules and the Rise of the Runelords adventure path fixed and in for review and production release within the next couple of days.

Thank you for reporting this, GenesisX.
    I am back, with screenshots!

I do not think this is an issue with Kingmaker or Rise of the Runelords alone.

Here is what I see as GM:
    Attachment 18992

Here is what my players see:Attachment 18993

Several basic items from the Core Rulebook and APG are listen as unidentified items in the item list. I do not think this is intended, nor is it especially helpful if you want a player to grab a horse, torch or shovel to add to their sheet. This could easily be resolved by tagging non-magical items as IDed Items by default.
    Last edited by GenesisX; May 17th, 2017 at 16:26.

Genesis did you read the post right before yours? May have missed it due to congruence issues

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Genesis did you read the post right before yours? May have missed it due to congruence issues
    I did. I have the update installed and this has nothing to do with Kingmaker items. The same issue appears with only the Core Rules activated (and as you can see in the player screenshot, who only have access to the Core and APG, there are no Kingmaker Items in the list)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisX View Post
    I am back, with screenshots!

I do not think this is an issue with Kingmaker or Rise of the Runelords alone.

Here is what I see as GM:
    Attachment 18992

Here is what my players see:Attachment 18993

Several basic items from the Core Rulebook and APG are listen as unidentified items in the item list. I do not think this is intended, nor is it especially helpful if you want a player to grab a horse, torch or shovel to add to their sheet. This could easily be resolved by tagging non-magical items as IDed Items by default.
    Okay, that helps identify it a bit more. The problem is that when a player opens the PHB or APG directly and the DM has Item Identification on, it hides the names for all the magical items. The list in All mode with no type specified sorts by name and since these don't have a publicly viewable name, they all sort to the front. The sorting is different on the DM side since they have the names and therefore sort by the name shown. If you narrow the Type to Armor or Weapons, it will show up appropriately. It looks like Goods and Services is currently getting marked as Unidentified. In addition, we'll discuss this internally. Should we just set the default state for all magic items as identified and the DM can turn it off if needed?

Only magic items (or specific items the PC's would have never encountered which would be created per campaign) would be identified. Could you make it trigger the default state for all items with a magic tag as unidentified?

Thread Information