DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 63 of 108 First ... 1353616263646573 ... Last
    Thanks. I am aware of the workaround. I wanted to post it here so that the devs knew about it to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Ah, I just read your other thread: To clarify your post, see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post570408, it is indeed the naval combat extension

I can also confirm by looking at the extension that some scripts it overwrites were not updated with the changes of the last versions (it may still be on 3.3.8/9)
    I will take a look at this today
    Update: Got it fixed working on getting it updated.
    Last edited by Samarex; January 11th, 2021 at 02:35.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis Dante View Post
    Attachment 42583Attachment 42583 Not sure where else to place this but some tables are still missing in Ultimate Equipment. Someone on Discord mentioned it so I looked into it. I know you guys are constantly working on these things so I don't know if treasure generation was on your todo list or not but I thought I would mention it because I said I would.

Sincerely Aramis

ps. Again thanks for all the work you do.
    Hi Aramis,

I just submitted the update to Ultimate Equipment. It should be in test tomorrow or the next day and will be pushed out live on Tuesday, January 19th (week from today).

The bad news:

It still doesn't spit out treasure parcels (such as Table 7-4). Those tables are not rollable tables but treasure packages based on the value of the treasure parcel. This is more of a treasure parcel thing than a rollable table. Perhaps in the future I will be able to automate this but not at the moment.

The good news:

I did make sure all the rollable tables are actually coded in to roll for results. This includes tables of tables. I added a lot of extra tables to make sure the determination of an item required just one click for most items (rather than having to click on three different tables to get the results). This resulted in more than a few tables in the system (there were a ton to begin with).

In addition, I have also made sure there was a treasure item to snatch from the tables (most cases anyway).

Non-specific armor, weapons, and shields will still need to be generated by the GM as they are too variable to create specifics.

Potions, scrolls, and wands are now in the system (rather than having to be created by the GM). If there was a potion, scroll, or wand in a rollable table, I also created a corresponding item. There are both arcane scrolls and divine scrolls. This way, when you roll a random potion and it comes up with a Cure Light Wounds potion, there is an actual Cure Light Wounds potion to drag to the parcel, party sheet, or character record. If you randomly roll an arcane scroll of fireball, there is an arcane scroll of fireball to drag. All of these things have the correct price, aura, and caster level in them.

From a player (non-GM) perspective, there are tons of new potions, scrolls, and wands to grab from the book (over 2,000 new items added).

Hopefully, this will make the Ultimate Equipment guide much better for everyone.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Is it possible to output to the chat box for a non-specific armor/weapon/shield? Having just had to generate town equipment for Wati (Mummy's Mask), it is a lot of work to keep track of.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    I will take a look at this today
    Update: Got it fixed working on getting it updated.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DCrumb View Post
    Is it possible to output to the chat box for a non-specific armor/weapon/shield? Having just had to generate town equipment for Wati (Mummy's Mask), it is a lot of work to keep track of.
    To clarify, the non-magical armor/weapons/shields are created. All of the tables for determining things are created. I just didn't create actual items for the magical non-specific armor, weapons, and shields.

If we took just +1 armor with a +1 special ability (+2 armor). That would mean having to create almost 300 items for just that case. That's assuming that the armor is not made of special materials and only sized for medium-sized creatures (sorry halflings, you're screwed again, haha). If size and materials were considered, that would increase the item count to about 3,000 items (just for this one category of armor). The variableness of weapons is much worse since there are more weapons in the game than armor and shields.

Not saying a solution to this won't come eventually but this is probably the best it will be for now. It might take an extension to truly deal with the variableness issue in the future. I do have an idea for an extension that will deal with this but I have a couple of other high priority projects to work on first. I'll add the extension to generate the armor/weapons to the list.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Hi

In the mini dungeon tome: Some NPCs do not have any alignment filled out, while it is in their type (look e.g. at the 12-headed hydra, acolyte and accomplished angler; probably a lot more NPCs missing the alignment) That messes up automation of effects checking the alignment

Best,

Kelrugem

EDIT: It looks like that the alignment field only exists in 3.5e? I cannot find it in PF1. However, IFT: ALIGN(evil); SAVE: 2 effects do not work when nothing is in the alignment field, regardless whether the type field has information about that; in PF1 the alignment in the type is not recognized, while in 3.5e I need to add something in that extra alignment field to make that effect work. Hence, I am unsure about whether or not that is a code problem?
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 12th, 2021 at 23:25.

Hi, I will provide more informations about this alignment and IFT condition issue :

Summary: When you use "IFT: ALIGN (evil); AC: +2 deflection; SAVE: +2 resistance;" as and effect, and attack with Evil creature, Bonus AC is applied, but not Save bonus.

Ruleset(s): Pathfinder (1E) + D&D (3.5) v 3.3.12

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: New Campaign

Extensions/Themes: Dark theme

Modules Loaded: 3.5E Basic Rules, 3.5E Magic Items, 3.5E Monsters, 3.5E Spells, PFRPG Bestiary (1 to 5), PFRPG Basic Rules, PFRPG Bestiary, PFRPG Magic Items, PFRPG NPC Codex - Core Classes, PFRPG NPC Codex - NPC Classes, PFRPG NPC Codex - Prestige Classes, PFRPG Spells

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10, French

Steps to Reproduce:

As you can see on this Screenshot :
    imglol.png

If you attack with Evil creature with IFT argument, il apply 2 AC bonus, but if you use Saving Throw, it doesn't apply Save bonus
    If you do the same, but remove IFT argument before, both AC and Save buffs are working

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    It looks like that the alignment field only exists in 3.5e? I cannot find it in PF1.
    In PF alignment is included in the type field. See this statblock for an example of a chaotic neutral creature.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    In PF alignment is included in the type field. See this statblock for an example of a chaotic neutral creature.
    Ah, yes, I understand The thing is why the IFT: ALIGN uses that info correctly except for the save part (in both rulesets, 3.5e and PF1) for which I need to enter the alignment in the alignment field (if available). A strange issue

Thread Information