STAR TREK 2d20
Page 53 of 108 First ... 343515253545563103 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Looks like Tuesday. I do not have control of things so it may be the following Tuesday.
    Excellent. Thank you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    I think you do not have the Naval Combat Extension turned on.

If you turn that on the errors will go away.

Madman
    Homie...you da bes.

In the Mythic Adventures classes, every class' Path Ability ability refers to the Archmage's choices (not the specific class' choices). Every class reads "select one new path ability from the archmage path abilities lists or from the universal path abilities lists (see page 50)".

Also why do any of the Mythic Classes have class skills and number of skill ranks assigned? They don't have class skills assigned to them nor do they grant skill ranks each tier. It looks like that's just a pain to remove them if the PC doesn't have the assumed base class.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    Also why do any of the Mythic Classes have class skills and number of skill ranks assigned? They don't have class skills assigned to them nor do they grant skill ranks each tier. It looks like that's just a pain to remove them if the PC doesn't have the assumed base class.
    I'll look into the previous post about the archmage choice being referenced for the other classes.

As far as the skills and number of skill ranks assigned, that is due to the dev tools - they don't allow us to not put values there. Not sure how else to address, unfortunately.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    I'll look into the previous post about the archmage choice being referenced for the other classes.

As far as the skills and number of skill ranks assigned, that is due to the dev tools - they don't allow us to not put values there. Not sure how else to address, unfortunately.
    I dropped and dragged each class into the class folder (i.e. made a copy) and then I was able to delete those fields (skills, skill points, HD, BAB, saves, etc) in the copy. I ran a test and there were no errors and no BAB, Saves, etc were added to the character sheet.

I dropped and dragged each class into the class folder (i.e. made a copy) and then I was able to delete those fields (skills, skill points, HD, BAB, saves, etc) in the copy. I ran a test and there were no errors and no BAB, Saves, etc were added to the character sheet.
    Yes, you could definitely do it manually. I have to use development tools for the official version that goes into production and that tool doesn't allow it to be done (can't modify it separately outside the tools). You will need to continue to drop a custom copy locally and change those small details.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    Yes, you could definitely do it manually. I have to use development tools for the official version that goes into production and that tool doesn't allow it to be done (can't modify it separately outside the tools). You will need to continue to drop a custom copy locally and change those small details.
    They should make a development tools bug reports thread for you to post in
    EDIT: sorry, not trying to derail your thread; just commenting on the irony of the cascade of bug reports
    Last edited by bmos; August 26th, 2020 at 20:54.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    They should make a development tools bug reports thread for you to post in
    I already have three other fixes in the queue - there is a mechanism for reporting.

It's a little complex but in a nutshell, there is a lot going on. We all want Unity to succeed and continue to improve and since there is a workaround, it's not critical to throw monkey wrenches at the folks that might be able to fix the issues at the expense of other, more critical fixes.

I do appreciate the patience and willingness to adapt by using the workarounds. It's what defines a good GM - the ability to adapt

In any case, this will be my last reply on this - not trying to sound rude. I just don't want to hijack the thread any more than necessary. Thanks all for the bug reports and the patience as we do our best to address them.

Ultimate License Holder

In the Mythic Adventures classes, every class' Path Ability ability refers to the Archmage's choices (not the specific class' choices). Every class reads "select one new path ability from the archmage path abilities lists or from the universal path abilities lists (see page 50)".
    This has been fixed and checked in. It will likely be in the TEST environment tomorrow and it will make it into the LIVE environment during the next Tuesday update (8/1).

Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information