FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 50 of 108 First ... 40484950515260100 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiare View Post
    If you can get us a list of where the issues are we can get them fixed pretty fast (a week or two).
    I mean, it's literally every NPC in the Monster Codex with a spell that has a DC

from what I can gather, the parser has taken the DC from the text line

(lets look at Ancient Gravedigger as another_ example)

level 0:
    "bleed dc 14" - written as the spell name text

in it's spell/ability use, the save is coded as

"will, class DC + 14"

see picCapture.PNG

this gives a DC of 28, when rolled

this is, very much incorrect

here's the first few examples

Ancient Gravedigger
    Boggard Abyssal Warrior
    Boggard Farcroaker
    Boggard Priestking
    Boggard Prohpet
    Bugbear Bloodmage
    Bugbear Tyrant
    Chosen of Lamashtu
    Coffin Guard
    Drow Demonic Champion
    Drow Matron
    Drow Poisoner
    Drow Priest
    Duergar High Priest
    Eye of Lamashtu
    Fire Giant Doombringer
    Fire Giant King
    Fire Giant Magmablade
    Fire Giant Queen
    Frost Giant Battle Priest
    Frost Giant Houndmaster
    Frost Giant Ice Mage
    Frost Giant Jarl

and honestly, I got bored of typing them all out after "F", maybe I'll come back and update it

but suffice to say it's EVERY Monster a-Z that casts spells that have DC in the name txt for the spell
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; July 25th, 2020 at 05:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    I mean, it's literally every NPC in the Monster Codex with a spell that has a DC

from what I can gather, the parser has taken the DC from the text line

(lets look at Ancient Gravedigger as another_ example)

level 0:
    "bleed dc 14" - written as the spell name text

in it's spell/ability use, the save is coded as

"will, class DC + 14"

see picCapture.PNG

this gives a DC of 28, when rolled

this is, very much incorrect

here's the first few examples

Ancient Gravedigger
    Boggard Abyssal Warrior
    Boggard Farcroaker
    Boggard Priestking
    Boggard Prohpet
    Bugbear Bloodmage
    Bugbear Tyrant
    Chosen of Lamashtu
    Coffin Guard
    Drow Demonic Champion
    Drow Matron
    Drow Poisoner
    Drow Priest
    Duergar High Priest
    Eye of Lamashtu
    Fire Giant Doombringer
    Fire Giant King
    Fire Giant Magmablade
    Fire Giant Queen
    Frost Giant Battle Priest
    Frost Giant Houndmaster
    Frost Giant Ice Mage
    Frost Giant Jarl

and honestly, I got bored of typing them all out after "F", maybe I'll come back and update it

but suffice to say it's EVERY Monster a-Z that casts spells that have DC in the name txt for the spell
    I didn't look at the code now, but I remember that FG has some code for automating spell texts like "Spell A (DC X)". I think it normally should just take the X and turn the class DC option off for that spell (but I am not sure anymore how the code explicitly looks like). I just wanted to mention it because that would imply that the ruleset code needs to be adjusted and not necessarily the module (though the module DC are now already parsed due to the spell names there, such that it also needs to be corrected probably) So, the problem might lie also elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I didn't look at the code now, but I remember that FG has some code for automating spell texts like "Spell A (DC X)". I think it normally should just take the X and turn the class DC option off for that spell (but I am not sure anymore how the code explicitly looks like). I just wanted to mention it because that would imply that the ruleset code needs to be adjusted and not necessarily the module (though the module DC are now already parsed due to the spell names there, such that it also needs to be corrected probably) So, the problem might lie also elsewhere
    heh!

it probably exists elsewhere too!

Yeah what ever has populated the field with 14 in it )(in the capture.png), shouldn't have, (the DC of the roll-off should be 14, taken from the ABIL MOD+spell level +10, without that 14 populated...)
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; July 25th, 2020 at 09:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Delthos View Post
    So I discovered a very small problem tonight. It was discovered while troubleshooting another effect that wasn't working correctly. It is a very edge case and it appears that critical hit confirmation rolls are not applying ATK bonus effects in all cases.

Here is what I found.

If I make an attack roll without any effects, critical hit confirmation rolls never error. The proper bonus is applied to the initial roll to hit and the confirmation roll.
    If I make an attack roll with a flat ATK bonus effect, say (Test; ATK: 2), the bonus always applies to the initial roll to hit and and the roll to confirm.
    However when using "IFT: ALIGN (alignment)" with an ATK roll bonus or penalty, it applies it to all normal attacks and it applies to the initial roll to hit on a critical threat. However on the roll to confirm critical hits it doesn't apply the bonus on the roll. I will point out, I do include a proper alignment in the condition statement.

I've tried it with multiple different alignments for the ALIGN conditional operator and it always happens. I've not tried it with other types of conditional operators to the IFT condition, but based on it not working correctly for ALIGN, I would assume it doesn't work for any of them. I'm attaching a screen shot of a Sahuagin which has attacked one of the PCs in my campaign. The PC's alignment is set properly, his is LN, and the IFT statement is looking for lawful alignment. As you can see the initial roll that threatens does apply the bonus but the confirmation roll doesn't. Also ignore the fact that I have invalid stats for the trident. I'm only using these values to illustrate a point and make it easier to get a critical hit event to trigger.

Attachment 37674

If you want I can post a screenshot of it working when I use just a flat bonus to ATK as an effect, but I don't feel that it would contribute much.
    Did I post this bug in the wrong section? I've not seen an update that fixes it or anyone commenting on it. While I suspect it is a fringe case for most people, my group is using a fair amount of high crit attacks and also using effects that are keyed to alignments, so it comes up a fair amount in my games. Just wondering if anyone has looked into it?

Bestiary 4 Ankou prismatic spray cast button doesn't include the DC listed in the spell name.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Bestiary 4 Ankou prismatic spray cast button doesn't include the DC listed in the spell name.
    while that monsters's spell is borked unbelievably, if you open up the spell settings it also has +17, making it a DC of 41 (if the category of save was even typed, which it's not, because each ray is a different save)

which is the same bug as the other NPC monsters I mentioned, non of them have the spell saves correctly parsed (from the monster codex, every single caster NPC)

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    while that monsters's spell is borked unbelievably, if you open up the spell settings it also has +17, making it a DC of 41 (if the category of save was even typed, which it's not, because each ray is a different save)

which is the same bug as the other NPC monsters I mentioned, non of them have the spell saves correctly parsed (from the monster codex, every single caster NPC)
    There was a fix in the 3.5e/PF1 code on Tuesday, make sure you have updated, and, when you use extensions, then update them, too (for example: I needed to carry over this fix into all extensions containing save versus tags)

But I am not really proficient with that, maybe the modules still need to be updated after the code is changed. Although: When you made sure you updated everything, then go into the library of this campaign, to the modules, then right-click on that module and revert changes That may do the trick (but it will revert all changes, alternatively you can right-click on NPCs to revert just them (you may need to open the sheet first to make that possible, until you see a quill on the book next to its group name), but that you'd need to do for every single NPC)

I hope this helps

(in general, module updates to things you also already have "edited" are not automatically carried over, you need to click "revert changes" then)

There was a fix in the 3.5e/PF1 code on Tuesday, make sure you have updated, and, when you use extensions, then update them, too (for example: I needed to carry over this fix into all extensions containing save versus tags)

But I am not really proficient with that, maybe the modules still need to be updated after the code is changed. Although: When you made sure you updated everything, then go into the library of this campaign, to the modules, then right-click on that module and revert changes That may do the trick (but it will revert all changes, alternatively you can right-click on NPCs to revert just them (you may need to open the sheet first to make that possible, until you see a quill on the book next to its group name), but that you'd need to do for every single NPC)

I hope this helps

(in general, module updates to things you also already have "edited" are not automatically carried over, you need to click "revert changes" then)
    While I should have checked in a new test campaign without extensions before reporting it, I just did and still see the same issue. I do see the correct saves for the spells listed above it, so I don't think this is related to the DC fix.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    While I should have checked in a new test campaign without extensions before reporting it, I just did and still see the same issue. I do see the correct saves for the spells listed above it, so I don't think this is related to the DC fix.
    Yeah, as I said I do not completely know the module structure, I think the DC fix probably fixes this problem for future modules, but the already-existing modules may be in need of separate adjustments now

Yeah, as I said I do not completely know the module structure, I think the DC fix probably fixes this problem for future modules, but the already-existing modules may be in need of separate adjustments now
    It's possible, although I think this was just missed during module creation.
    There are a few spells above it on the sheet that have DC listed in the name which are working fine, so they should also be borked (I would assume) if it were a more widespread issue.

Thread Information