FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 43 of 108 First ... 3341424344455393 ... Last
    @Deadly Secret. Sorry. I have been working on redoing these in the extra time I have. These were the first conversions I did. I will get those fixed.
    Last edited by madman; May 18th, 2020 at 23:33.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Hey guys, it seems that the Sub Domains in Advanced Players Guide cannot be dropped onto a character sheet in any of the sections of the Abilities tab (nor anywhere else I expect).
    They also do not show up in Special Abilities menu and cannot be searched - they are only located in the Reference Manual.

Note also that the subdomain abilities (eg Restorative Touch) have not got their own entries as they would for other sources referring to Domains/Subdomains (eg Rebuke Death in Core).
    Last edited by Kronides; May 21st, 2020 at 13:04.

Occult Adventures - Kineticist class does not add weapon or armour proficiencies to the character sheet when dropped on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronides View Post
    Occult Adventures - Kineticist class does not add weapon or armour proficiencies to the character sheet when dropped on.
    This could be the same as the Unchained Barbarian, Rogue and Monk. Their weapon and armor proficiencies do not show up unless you go to the class and drag them from the section labeled Additional Class Feature Links. They should ideally appear when you drop the class but they don't.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    This could be the same as the Unchained Barbarian, Rogue and Monk. Their weapon and armor proficiencies do not show up unless you go to the class and drag them from the section labeled Additional Class Feature Links. They should ideally appear when you drop the class but they don't.
    Even so this is something that should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronides View Post
    Even so this is something that should work.
    I agree. It has directly affected my consideration of future related products.
    Last edited by yeknom; May 23rd, 2020 at 12:38. Reason: clarification
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

@bmos,
    For your post #420 in this thread, while it would be nice to be able to increment the database version in Pathfinder to be able to use formatted text fields like newer rulesets, the reality is that there are literally hundreds of DLC products that would be affected and have to be updated, in addition to doing the work to update the ruleset itself. It's just not something we have the bandwidth to update for older rulesets/products.

@Kronides/@yeknom,
    The missing proficiencies are because the classes are missing their level 1 class feature called Weapon and Armor Proficiency. We'll let the DLC developers know, so they can update. I'll also pass on your information on the Advanced Player's Guide to the DLC developer for that one. It's three different DLC developers, so might take a little juggling before that is cleared up.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @bmos,
    For your post #420 in this thread, while it would be nice to be able to increment the database version in Pathfinder to be able to use formatted text fields like newer rulesets, the reality is that there are literally hundreds of DLC products that would be affected and have to be updated, in addition to doing the work to update the ruleset itself. It's just not something we have the bandwidth to update for older rulesets/products.
    I think there is maybe some misunderstanding (which I tried to clear after bmos's comment), spells' descriptions already allow formatting the text fields but when one drag&drops them into the actions tab of a character and clicks on their pin there then the description is not formatted anymore. I think the request was to keep the formatting also in the character sheet Or is this also connected to the database of the modules?
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 23rd, 2020 at 22:54.

I'm not the developer for the Pathfinder ruleset (I just do modules) but I believe the issue is that while the spell itself allows formatting, the field within the character record and NPC records do not. I think they are a different type. So, even if they changed the ruleset to have formatted text for character records and NPCs, there could be a compatibility issue with all the existing DLC modules thinking that NPC fields are non-formatted text fields. At the very least, it would require a lot of testing and tweaks. In addition, even if the change was made to allow for it going forward and it didn't actually break anything, it would not automatically fix all the existing spell formatting issues of DLC module NPCs.

I think it is a great idea and perhaps that is why newer rulesets are coded this way. It's just kinda hard to change things and not break hundreds of existing DLCs.

These guys are pretty good at making great improvements so you never know. Perhaps someday it will be possible or the functionality might change in other ways that makes up for it (such as what we are getting with Unity)
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    I'm not the developer for the Pathfinder ruleset (I just do modules) but I believe the issue is that while the spell itself allows formatting, the field within the character record and NPC records do not. I think they are a different type. So, even if they changed the ruleset to have formatted text for character records and NPCs, there could be a compatibility issue with all the existing DLC modules thinking that NPC fields are non-formatted text fields. At the very least, it would require a lot of testing and tweaks. In addition, even if the change was made to allow for it going forward and it didn't actually break anything, it would not automatically fix all the existing spell formatting issues of DLC module NPCs.

I think it is a great idea and perhaps that is why newer rulesets are coded this way. It's just kinda hard to change things and not break hundreds of existing DLCs.

These guys are pretty good at making great improvements so you never know. Perhaps someday it will be possible or the functionality might change in other ways that makes up for it (such as what we are getting with Unity)
    ah, okay, NPCs might indeed be problematic, thanks

Thread Information