DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 42 of 108 First ... 3240414243445292 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    In Return of the Runelords book 4 Temple of the Pea**** Spirit, the Time Dimensional's spells are set up incorrectly.
    It is configured as a prepared caster when it should be spontaneous.
    EDIT: wow, that obscenity filter is pretty sensitive.
    Haha, yes, the filters are a bit too sensitive.

The Time Dimensional is not a spontaneous caster. It has Spell-Like Abilities, which does act more like prepared casters for implementation reasons...

I.e., if a creature can cast 2 different spells 3 times per day, if it was set as a spontaneous caster with 3 per day, the creature would be short-changed. If you tried to fix by making the number per day double (6 times per day), then there would be nothing to prevent the casting of spell 1 five times per day and spell 2 once per day, as opposed to each having three times per day.

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2mpir?S...lities-per-day

That being said, there does appear to be a problem with the 1st level spell slot. Those were meant to be 3 times per day spells so I can correct those to be 3 times per day instead of once per day. The number of spells are set, each just needs to be clicked two more times in preparation mode.

Even though this is a very simple fix, unfortunately we have missed the window for the update to take effect this Tuesday so you won't likely see the change until Tuesday, May 26th. In the meantime, I would just go back to preparation mode and click each spell a couple more times. That will fix it.

-Danny

PS. Thanks for reporting the issue
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

In Rise of the Runelords, Ch. 5, Sins of the Saviors, 1.04.04. D. The Runeforge, there is a discrepancy between the map scale and various parts of the text. The boxed text says that the "chamber is nearly two hundred feet across" and that each statue has "its back approximately ten feet from a partially concealed arched opening in the wall directly behind it." This text would need a map scale of 1 square = 10 feet, but the one shown on the GM map states 1 square = 5 feet, and the grid laid on the players' map is set at this scale, too. I realize that this is an error in the original document, but both of these things cannot be right. I believe it's the scale that is incorrect - a larger scale matches not only with the text, but also with the Huge construct in the later encounter, A Runelord Enraged, and also the size of the corridor that leads to the Halls of Wrath.

There are also a lot of extra line breaks in spell descriptions; it seems that any words that were formatted in the original text have an extra line break before or after them since spell descriptions don't support formatting.
    Examples: obscuring mist (italics) and detect thoughts (bold). Hopefully the xml still contains the formatting tags, so you can quickly find and remove all bold/italics tags from any spell descriptions.

Repair undead is missing its will save and melee touch attack.
    Detect Thoughts has the stunned effect set to target instead of self.
    Last edited by bmos; May 16th, 2020 at 14:59.

bmos, are you talking about the Pathfinder core rulebook or a particular adventure module?
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    There are also a lot of extra line breaks in spell descriptions; it seems that any words that were formatted in the original text have an extra line break before or after them since spell descriptions don't support formatting.
    Examples: obscuring mist (italics) and detect thoughts (bold). Hopefully the xml still contains the formatting tags, so you can quickly find and remove all bold/italics tags from any spell descriptions.

Repair undead is missing its will save and melee touch attack.
    Detect Thoughts has the stunned effect set to target instead of self.
    Do you speak about the spell description of the spell in the sidebar or in an action tab? The action tab's descriptions is doing that and is "normal" in FG When you check the description in the sidebar at the spell button then you should see the intended formatting

(I ask because you said that they do not support formatting, but that's not true, you have the same formatting as for a story entry etc., but you do not have any formatting in the action's tab (the text in the action's tab is for the spell parser and gets deformatted when I remember correctly; but not sure why this is not done later in the code when the parser gets used while keeping the original formatting in the pins there)

Today is rather upsetting the amount of errors I have found. I am not gonna lie, it's becoming more upsetting to know I paid for this content but I'm having to constantly point out errors.

Mummy's Mask Book 5

A.16 - Isatemkhebet's Crypt
    Isatemkhebet no parcel for this enemy. I had to manually find items and distribute.

A.07 - Tar Tomb
    unintended exit trap should be "magical trap" not mechanical.

A.01 - Tomb Entrance
    VOICES OF SUN IS MISSING +1 LEATHER LAMELLAR from parcels

Part 2: Beyond the Crook
    2.01 SLAVE TRENCHES OF HAKOTEP IS BLANK
    2.02 SLAVE TRENCHES OF HAKOTEP IS BLANK

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    ...not sure why this is not done later in the code when the parser gets used while keeping the original formatting in the pins there)
    I have wondered this exact thing. Not sure why it could not copy record to a string (or something) and parse that rather than de-format and store for the link in spells. It would certainly look better and be more useful (can have links in the spell record for summons, etc.)
    Last edited by mozmonar; May 17th, 2020 at 01:24.

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    I have wondered this exact thing. Not sure why it could not copy record to a string (or something) and parse that rather than de-format and store for the link in spells. It would certainly look better and be more useful (can have links in the spell record for summons, etc.)
    Yeah, I would also like to see a change there, the formatting is sometimes so bad there that players can't use it as a reference, and they have to use the sidebar then. But looking for a reference would be much faster in the sheet (and it looks better as you said)

Links can be stored there, but only when the link got added to the original spell's description; after drag&drop into the sheet the links are at the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yeah, I would also like to see a change there, the formatting is sometimes so bad there that players can't use it as a reference, and they have to use the sidebar then. But looking for a reference would be much faster in the sheet (and it looks better as you said)

Links can be stored there, but only when the link got added to the original spell's description; after drag&drop into the sheet the links are at the bottom
    It's also the most obvious place to look for a player since the action tab is also effectively their spellbook.

Yup, that's what I was referring to.
    Following the links from the actions tab has no formatting which gives those unpleasant side effects because of how it's implemented.
    https://youtu.be/0ePlPqNfNlM

Didn't realize it was not a data error. I'll repost in the House of Healing.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...123#post510123

EDIT: looks like this is PFRPG specific after all according to Trenloe (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post510662) and would be best fixed by allowing formatting in spell descriptions (as is the case with 5e).

EDIT 2: looks like they fixed it in Unity

EDIT 3: Here's an extension I made to fix it in FGC: https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Spell-Formatting

For the other issues,
    Repair Undead is from the Advanced Class Guide
    Detect Thoughts from Core Rulebook
    Last edited by bmos; July 19th, 2020 at 15:12.

Thread Information