FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 98 of 108 First ... 488896979899100 ... Last
    I think the Mythic Adventures module has some extraneous data left over from a prestige class template that is causing some of these difficulties. I think the Other tab for the class needs the fields blanked out. For instance, if I create a new class with no type, no HD, no BAB, no Saves, no skill ranks, and no class skills, but then add the features list; it mostly seems to work. The only thing it doesn't do right now is add the fixed HP amount per tier.

*Edit* Also, I fixed the inaccurate level calculation by modifying3.5E\scripts\manager_char.lua
    function calcLevel(nodeChar)
    local nLevel = 0;

for _,nodeChild in pairs(DB.getChildren(nodeChar, "classes")) do
    local sClass = DB.getValue(nodeChild, "name", "");
    if (sClass ~= "Archmage" and sClass ~= "Champion" and sClass ~= "Guardian" and sClass ~= "Hierophant" and sClass ~= "Marshal" and sClass ~= "Trickster") then
    nLevel = nLevel + DB.getValue(nodeChild, "level", 0);
    end
    end

DB.setValue(nodeChar, "level", "number", nLevel);
    end
    Last edited by swbuza; May 24th, 2022 at 16:46.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Giant Slayer AP3 - The Trolls starting HP is broken (easy fix)... from my DM:

GS AP3 Troll error.png

The highlighted needs to be deleted from the HD area. The regeneration is already correct in the SQ area. Having it in the HD area is stopping the +48 HP when the Troll is put on the combat tracker. So the Troll shows up with only it's 6d8 hp.
    Same problem on the Troll, Moss and Troll, Rock versions as well.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Not a module bug so much as a ruleset bug. There's something up with type checking on IFT:TYPE() on the humanoid subspecies. I can consistently get it to misbehave with
    Code:
    IFT:TYPE(monstrous humanoid);DMG:2;ATK:2
    This adds damage and attack with all humanoids. I've tested in a test campaign with no extensions loaded and can replicate with an orc (shouldn't add but does) and a centaur (should add and does). The effects page at https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects indicates monstrous humanoid should be a valid entry, but isn't actually distinguishing on that subtype.

Quote Originally Posted by Croddwyn View Post
    Not a module bug so much as a ruleset bug. There's something up with type checking on IFT:TYPE() on the humanoid subspecies. I can consistently get it to misbehave with
    Code:
    This adds damage and attack with all humanoids. I've tested in a test campaign with no extensions loaded and can replicate with an orc (shouldn't add but does) and a centaur (should add and does). The effects page at https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects indicates monstrous humanoid should be a valid entry, but isn't actually distinguishing on that subtype.
    I could reproduce with it applying +2 to hit on both the orc and centaur but not on an aboleth (aberration)
    Monstrous huminoid.JPG

Normal to hit is +8 without the effect

Edit... Dug a bit further. The is no Monstrous Humanoid choice in the NPC Type list. No MH in the NPC Type choice.JPG

Edit... and a bit more...

umm weird... My DM copied the centaur and tried changing its type. It seems like IFT TYPE humanoid is coming up true for Humanoids AND any unrecognized or Blank types. AND Monstrous Humanoid should get added to the TYPE list.

Effects Tried and results:
    IFT:TYPE(monstrous humanoid);DMG:2;ATK:2 - effects Humanoid AND monstrous humanoid AND any type left blank AND unlisted types (tested monstrous and car)
    IFT:TYPE(monstrous);DMG:2;ATK:2 - doesn't work at all on any of our tests (monstrous humanoid, humanoid, monstrous, car, or blank)
    IFT:TYPE(humanoid);DMG:2;ATK:2 - works on all (monstrous humanoid, humanoid, monstrous, car, or blank) but not vermin
    IFT:TYPE(vermin);DMG:2;ATK:2 - works on vermin AND monstrous vermin BUT does not work on Blank or unrecognized types (so works as intended)
    Last edited by Morenu; June 17th, 2022 at 00:34.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Croddwyn View Post
    Code:
    As far as I know, all the types consisting of two words do not work sadly. Magical beast wouldn't work either

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    As far as I know, all the types consisting of two words do not work sadly. Magical beast wouldn't work either
    I honestly didn't expect to find them on the effects page, which is frankly why I tested them before the game session. I was cautiously thrilled they were listed as options so I'm not completely devastated they don't work...

Though not the most ideal of a solution, you can do a work around ... by using a CUSTOM IFT statement.

Probably more stuff for the GM to do unless the GM tells the player to do it once the creature is identified as a monstrous humanoid

Have 2 effects - one for the creature and one for the player

The creature can simply be an effect that gives a label:

monstroushumanoid

The player effect would be:

IFT: CUSTOM (monstroushumanoid); DMG: 2; ATK: 2

If the GM doesn't want the player to know that the creature is a monstrous humanoid in advance, just have the player keep their IFT: CUSTOM tag on within the combat tracker. The GM can add the monstroushumanoid tag to the creature as GM only visibility.

You can do the same thing for magical beasts, except change the tag to: magicalbeasts

I think the problem with the creature type IFT has been around for a long time and may not get solved real soon so the above solution would give you a path forward for replicating the desired behavior in the meantime.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Well, I did some digging and found the issue. And solved it for me. It's in the 3.5E.pak ruleset and my "fix" involved splitting out a new function that's a stricter parse on the type that's used solely for the parameter passed into isCreatureType. That way, the looser parser can still be used on the PC/NPC race/type entries and it only matches up if the strictly parsed parameter is an exact match. If you're curious, I'll attach the ruleset changes so you can see for yourself.

3.5E.pak

I've just pushed an update to the beta Test channel that addresses this issue for multiple rulesets. (5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/SFRPG/d20Mod/DCC/MCC)

Regards,
    JPG

Nocticula Boons in Book of the Damned 1E

In the PF1E "Book of the Damned Module" under Special Abilities there is a Read Only "New Special Ability" listing which is blank except for stating that it's type is Evangelist Boon - Nocticula. In addition the Special Ability "Deadly Caress" is listed as an Exalted Boon - Nocticula when it should actually be an Evangelist Boon. Also the Special Ability "Dominate Thrall" is missing from the Exalted Boon - Nocticula category.

So basically Dominate Thrall is missing, Deadly Caress is in the wrong boon category, and there is a blank "New Special Ability" under Nocticula's Evangelist Boons where Deadly Caress should have been.
    Last edited by Nemesis Unbound; July 1st, 2022 at 17:27. Reason: Additional Information.

Thread Information