DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 34 of 108 First ... 2432333435364484 ... Last
    Yes, sorry about that.

Two issues, with different modules:

1. I've raised this a couple of times previously, but the various Prestige Classes from the Advanced Player's Guide still have their Type set as Base (so the Classes window can't be filtered by Type correctly)

2. Has something been done to the Advanced Class Guide recently? The image below shows the abilities tabs for two characters, both Level 2 Hunters. The one on the left was created a while back, the one on the right created today. Everything shown in the Special Abilities box for each character was automatically added by Fantasy Grounds when dragging the Hunter class to the character (and then leveling them once)

You'll see that the more recently created character has a less comprehensive list of Special Abilities, despite being created in the same manner, and being at the same level (and the abilities listed on both are capitilised differently)

The more recently created character has also had no proficiencies automatically added in by Fantasy Grounds, whereas the original character did.

OriginalRecreated.jpg

While I'm on the topic of the Advanced Class Guide... my library lists it as "Pathfinder RPG - Advanced Class" rather than "Pathfinder RPG - Advanced Class Guide". I feel like it was the latter until recently, but that could just be me imagining things due to the various other things that have gone astray with this module!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EtnaRebellion View Post
    2. Has something been done to the Advanced Class Guide recently?
    Yes, I don't know what specifically, but it is listed in the recent updates; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...mber-17th-2019

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yes, I don't know what specifically, but it is listed in the recent updates; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...mber-17th-2019
    If you are running in TEST, you may have noticed a radical change recently to the reference manual. We've decided that we don't want to go in that direction and will return to the normal formatting that we've been doing for a while now. This will be updated by the end of next Tuesday.

For a while now I've been getting the following error when I try to enter the combat tracker, or add a PC to the tracker.

I have even tried starting a completely fresh campaign, and just adding Rise of the Runelords modules and pathfinder core rulebook (official book). I then create a new PC, and add them to the combat tacker and this pops up.

2019-12-27 1-01-41 AM.pngerror

Those templates are part of the CoreRPG underlying framework. It sounds like you have an incorrect version of the CoreRPG ruleset that provides common components. If you've unzipped any rulesets, remember that unzipped versions will override any compressed versions (like the ones updated by the FG updater).

* Can you go into the rulesets subfolder under the FG data folder, and make sure there are no rulesets inside there?
    * If there are, then delete them, and try again.
    * If still an issue, then delete CoreRPG.pak; and run a new FG update.

Regards,
    JPG

Deleting the CoreRPG.pak and pfrpg.pak and reloading them did the trick. Not sure how that got corrupted, but its working now Thanks!

In RotRL, Ch 5, 02. Part One: The Scribbler's Rhyme, in the Story item 1.02.08.02. A2. Antechamber, the boxed text describing the room includes the words "and a pair of stone doors, their faces carved with an immense image of a three-eyed jackal's head, stand to the south." However, the whole of the shrine of Lamashtu is under the effect of a guards and wards spell, which means that (as spelled out in 1.02.05.03. Lost Doors) all of the doors in the complex are covered by silent images to make them appear to be plain walls. I would therefore suggest that this part of the boxed text is removed and placed after the boxed text instead.

I realise that this is an error in the original document, and that you don't like to deviate from that. However, given that it is a clear mistake, and that in Fantasy Grounds it is very easy to just click on the speech bubble next to the boxed text without reading through it first, I think this change is desirable to help DMs running this adventure using Fantasy Grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    In RotRL, Ch 5, 02. Part One: The Scribbler's Rhyme, in the Story item 1.02.08.02. A2. Antechamber, the boxed text describing the room includes the words "and a pair of stone doors, their faces carved with an immense image of a three-eyed jackal's head, stand to the south." However, the whole of the shrine of Lamashtu is under the effect of a guards and wards spell, which means that (as spelled out in 1.02.05.03. Lost Doors) all of the doors in the complex are covered by silent images to make them appear to be plain walls. I would therefore suggest that this part of the boxed text is removed and placed after the boxed text instead.

I realise that this is an error in the original document, and that you don't like to deviate from that. However, given that it is a clear mistake, and that in Fantasy Grounds it is very easy to just click on the speech bubble next to the boxed text without reading through it first, I think this change is desirable to help DMs running this adventure using Fantasy Grounds.
    You do have a good point and I will look into fixing it as you suggested (separating the language from the rest of the box text).

I made the fix and turned it in. It is live now as it was just pushed with the rest of the Tuesday updates.

Thanks for your suggestion.

-Danny
    Last edited by sciencephile; January 14th, 2020 at 17:55.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

There is a problem I'm encountering with the Advanced Class Guide. I believe it is corrupted. I've tried deleting the datafile for it and re-downloading it and I keep encountering the same problem. I've tried creating a new test campaign and keep running into it.

When I try to open the Feats, Images, Equipment Goods & Services, Magic Items by Type, Magic Items by Slot, Reference Document, and Special Abilities for it from the Library I get an error message stating

"A module you are attempting to use is not loaded.

1Pathfinder RPG - Advanced Class

Activate module and attempt to open the link again?"

I'm able to open the Classes and Spells tab with no problem.

I already have the module loaded. I think something needs to be fixed on your end.

Edit: I also realized I left off some info. I can open the Reference Manual, however when I do the Chapter entries are doing a weird thing where the Chapter entry gets duplicated when you expand it. When you click on the second entry for the chapter, it expands the entry to see the subsections of the chapter, and then the error message as listed above pops up. None of the information for the subsections comes up. Only the error message. It also doesn't matter what I select on the error message, the problem still happens. I say this because the wording of the error message makes it look like clicking the check mark button will fix it.

Module_Error.JPG
    Module_Error2.JPG
    Last edited by Delthos; January 17th, 2020 at 05:53. Reason: I realized I left off some info.

Thread Information