DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 108 of 108 First ... 85898106107108
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitsend View Post
    Module: Curse of the Crimson Throne Module 6
    Hi all,
    Sorry to bug you but the final module has a REALLY irritating setup for the Story.
    It is not set in order by a numbered menu.
    Instead it is alphabetical.....so it is out of order
    AND THEY ARE READ ONLY LOCKED! So I can't add numbers to them to put them in order.

Can we get this fixed?
    Thanks
    Whitsend.
    Hi Whitsend,

Are you sure you are loading the official version and have updated your FGU? I cannot replicate this issue as when I open the module it shows a numerical order for all story entries (please see attached screenshot). it also allows for records to be unlocked by clicking on the lock icon when I tested it.

You might try clearing module .xml file from your campaign's moduledb folder (see screenshot). If that still doesn't help, you may need to contact support to see what is going on with your installation but the module is working as expected both with the ability to unlock story elements and with the numerical organization of stories.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Hi Sciencephile

FGU was updated this evening, and I uploaded the module today to start prepping it for play.
    I've just finished Moding it for Mythic play...and I am loath to delete the XML as that will likely blow away my changes.....
    Fortunately I think the module is small enough I can manage.
    Example page open---Xd off lock.png
    alphabetical menu.png

Please see attached images showing the menu and the first closed lock I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitsend View Post
    Hi Sciencephile

FGU was updated this evening, and I uploaded the module today to start prepping it for play.
    I've just finished Moding it for Mythic play...and I am loath to delete the XML as that will likely blow away my changes.....
    Fortunately I think the module is small enough I can manage.
    Example page open---Xd off lock.png
    alphabetical menu.png

Please see attached images showing the menu and the first closed lock I've seen.
    The screenshots helped. I really couldn't properly see what you were trying to do without them. It looks like the difference is that you are setting the Group as the Chapter 6 Module. I was keeping the group as ALL. For some reason, selecting the group does remove the numbers and makes the story entries as read only. If you don't select the Group, the numbers are preserved and the stories are editable. This appears to be the functionality of FGU itself, not the module. I don't know if this is intentional behavior or not as I am not part of the FGU development team. I only created the module itself. Hope this helps.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    The screenshots helped. I really couldn't properly see what you were trying to do without them. It looks like the difference is that you are setting the Group as the Chapter 6 Module. I was keeping the group as ALL. For some reason, selecting the group does remove the numbers and makes the story entries as read only. If you don't select the Group, the numbers are preserved and the stories are editable. This appears to be the functionality of FGU itself, not the module. I don't know if this is intentional behavior or not as I am not part of the FGU development team. I only created the module itself. Hope this helps.
    OK, lets' give that a try....and correct---they are numbered under the "All"....that's a mess right now as I still have Chapter 5 open.......ok.....looking for the Chapter 6 story sections....
    So, yes, the story shows up ok under all, and in order so I can do the module that way.
    And it is ordered 1...2....3.....but not 6.1, 6.2
    Won't be an issue once we finish chapter 5 and I drop that module from my open module list!

Appreciate the help.

Thread Information