STAR TREK 2d20
Page 74 of 108 First ... 2464727374757684 ... Last
    Yep, missed that detail from the story. I fixed it and checked it back in. It is still set to go LIVE on Tuesday, 3/30. Thanks for catching that.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Most of the ultimate campaign traits have messed up text (See attached) and the Kobold from advanced races last I checked doesn't set abilitys for race
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by shadowcat34 View Post
    It should be fixed by next Tuesday upgrade. This particular issue and the bigger issue of a lot of special abilities not showing up because they originally shared the same name
    The following "Judment"s should be "Judgment"s - Still not fixed I'm afraid...

Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 15.19.36.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was wondering if I missed something when I purchased the NPC codex. Part of the reason that I bought it was because the descriptor said that it came with iconics "Multiple versions of each Pathfinder iconic character, perfect for pregenerated player characters."
    There doesn't seem be anything I can use as a PC and the iconics aren't even NPCs.

Howdy.
    The Naval Combat Extension for Skull & Shackles has been extra wonky since the recent updates.
    It causes script errors whenever you drag a damage roll on to anybody, whether on to the token or the CT.

Quote Originally Posted by piotyr View Post
    Most of the ultimate campaign traits have messed up text (See attached) and the Kobold from advanced races last I checked doesn't set abilitys for race
    fixed. will come online in 1 week ( for the ultimate campaign bug)

Quote Originally Posted by DiceyDM View Post
    The following "Judment"s should be "Judgment"s - Still not fixed I'm afraid...

Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 15.19.36.png
    fixed. will be online in 1 week

Quote Originally Posted by shadowcat34 View Post
    fixed. will be online in 1 week
    Thank you - very much appreciated.

In Rise of the Runelords Chapter 6, 1.05.09. Encounter: Lair Of The Hidden Beast, I believe the tokens are placed incorrectly on the map. The Hidden Beast's token is placed on the central throne, but this is where the illusion is that the beast hopes the PCs will waste their energies on attacking - it wouldn't make sense for it to be in the same space, and thus suffer the effects of any area spells directed at the illusion. I think it should be placed in one of the empty floor spaces to the north-west or south-east of the throne. Also, the vampire skulks are described as hiding "in the shadows around the room's perimeter", but their tokens are placed away from the walls. I think they should be against the walls, between them and the pillars.

Incidentally, whenever there is an illusion of a creature like this in an adventure, in order to have any chance of fooling the players, I always create a fake encounter, with a token and an NPC record for the illusory creature (in this case, I used the lich stats and created a suitable token). These can then be added to the map and the Combat Tracker to give some weight to the illusion. There is a similar situation in Rise of the Runelords Chapter 5, 1.08.02. I2. The Pea**** Shrine, with the illusion of the pea****.
    Last edited by Callum; April 20th, 2021 at 17:19.

Hi Callum,

I appreciate the feedback but I think it is subjective from GM to GM. "Hiding in the perimeter" doesn't necessarily mean "up against the walls". Given that the map has torches lit on the walls, I'm not sure how much in shadows one could be right up on the wall next to a torch. In any case, the wonderful thing about Fantasy Grounds is if a particular GM doesn't like where the creatures are, he/she can move them to a different location. Different GMs may prefer them to be in different areas. If I end up modifying this module in the future, I will look to see if there are slightly better areas but as it is subjective, I'm not sure there is any place that will suit everybody's needs.

As far as how to handle illusions, your method does work. However, there is another method. I usually just leave the token placed where it is as if it was the real one (like how it is default) and treat the illusory one like the real one until the party discovers that it is an illusion. Then I just add another version of the NPC to a location on the map I wish it to be. I have found that if you place your extra NPCs on the map as hidden actors too early, the PCs will metagame that there is a hidden actor and that in itself will make them more suspicious that something's not right about the encounter. I know there is an option in the settings to skip hidden actors but that seems to cause more problems than anything in the games I have been in due to accidental skipping of the enemy that should have been revealed at that time (particularly if you are doing the random initiative setting).
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information