STAR TREK 2d20
Page 65 of 107 First ... 1555636465666775 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I've never loaded into 3.5E (because it's "D&D" blech ) so I had no idea the fields were not identical for 3.5E and apparently things are not as cross-compatible as we were led to believe? I've only done one PFRPG adventure (a 99 cent one back when those were allowed lol) and was never told to make sure the NPCs were coded for both rulesets. Wouldn't surprise me if I needed to check that one for character encoding anyway so I guess I can see if I need to tweak any special data fields. That seems rather irresponsible to yank fields out of a ruleset when the tabletop game itself does in fact use them (just uses icons rather than text) for alignment, type and subtype.
    About "D&D blech":

About the rest: Since a lot of NPCs actually have that filled out in the PF1 modules while many others not, there may be some automatic process for that which does not perfectly run well maybe? Not sure But I'd personally would be happy when I can use the NPCs of PF1 without the need to edit that (though on the other hand I am used to edit their actions, so, one more field is not that bad)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 22nd, 2021 at 06:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    It doesn't spawn the NPC
    I do apologize, but not sure what you mean by 'spawn'. I removed the HD mention in the NPC and also moved some of the qualities that were in the HD line to the special qualities section of the record. This should help add the effects to the CT. This will be pushed Tuesday.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I do apologize, but not sure what you mean by 'spawn'. I removed the HD mention in the NPC and also moved some of the qualities that were in the HD line to the special qualities section of the record. This should help add the effects to the CT. This will be pushed Tuesday.
    haha!

I'm sure that fix will work! :-)

By spawn, I mean when clicking add encounter to the CT, creating the NPC, or birthing it, so to speak, thus "spawning"

Pushed the update for those fixes. Please report any other NPCs you run into with these similar issues.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Return of the Runelords 6 of 6 5.02: temporal crawlers are not set up as a random encounter (1d4 of them) but as a single enemy in the linked encounter.

Pathfinder Core Rulebook - Skills - Acrobatics

The 'Move Through Threatened Squares' section is missing the sentence that identifies the penalties if you try to move through an enemy's space and fail the check.

From the Paizo FAQ

Acrobatics: What happens if I fail the check when using this skill to move through an enemy's square?

You lose the move action and provoke an AOO. (Note: This means you can attempt this up to two times in the same round, once as a move action and once as a standard action.)

Update: Page 88—In the Acrobatics skill, at the end of the third paragraph (which begins on page 87), add the following sentence: “If you attempt to move through an enemy’s space and fail the check, you lose the move action and provoke an attack of opportunity.”

Return of the Runelords Sun Giants (possibly those in the Bestiary as well, haven't checked) do not have their Sun Dart (Ex) attacks set as touch attacks as they should when you read the ability description.
    This is in the first encounter in part 4.

Also, thanks for posting that, dllewell; I learned something new today!
    Last edited by bmos; January 31st, 2021 at 02:51.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Return of the Runelords 6 of 6 5.02: temporal crawlers are not set up as a random encounter (1d4 of them) but as a single enemy in the linked encounter.
    Hi bmos,

Thanks for reporting. Fixed the module for this issue (made the temporal crawlers encounter a 1d4 random encounter).

Also fixed the Sun Giant's ranged attack to be ranged touch.

These changes will likely be in the TEST environment tomorrow or the next day. They will make it into the LIVE environment on Tuesday, February 9th.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Seeing as most things in PF1e that are based on [HCL] have a "minimum 1" (at least I think so...) is there a way to add coding in PF1e that "If [HCL] is greater than 0 but less than 1, round up/print 1?"

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Add new Spell List
    2. Add 1 to the CL
    3. Add new Cantrip
    4. Add spell, name spell whatever, add effect
    5. Effect: "Cons. Cruel.;SKILL: [HCL] intimidate;", apply to self
    6. Hit apply

(Consummate Cruelty: A gaslighter gains a bonus equal to 1/2 his mesmerist level (minimum 1) on Intimidate checks.)

Suggestion for Bestiary Reference Manuals:
    Break out Appendix 3b "Creature Types" into linkable subsections for each creature type. These can then be linked off the Notes tab of NPCs when putting together modules in the future (which will make it easier to know what "construct traits" or whatever means in a split second while playing).

Quote Originally Posted by Castellanox7 View Post
    Is there a way to add coding in PF1e that "If [HCL] is greater than 0 but less than 1, round up/print 1?"
    That sort of expression (min/max logic in effect coding) is not implemented, but you can vote for such things here. I'm pretty sure expansion of the effects system is planned eventually, but it's a lower priority than the lighting subsystem they're releasing next (if I understand the development timetable correctly). I did submit an improvement to that to allow for quarter or third logic rather than just half, but it's just in Kelrugem's extension so far.
    Last edited by bmos; February 5th, 2021 at 15:31.

Thread Information