DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 64 of 108 First ... 1454626364656674 ... Last
    Oki, I just looked at the code:

The type field is used for the alignment check in PF1 (which was clear), while 3.5e uses the alignment field. Hence: It would be nice when the official modules of PF1 support the alignment field, too, many NPCs of the mini dungeon tome support that, but many others don't which messes up automation. But I can understand when 3.5e shall not be as supported by those modules as PF1
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 14th, 2021 at 00:59.

And about the IFT: ALIGN(evil); SAVE:... effect problem in PF1: I made the mistake to accidentally use the NPC sheet from the library for their spell action, instead of the one linked in the CT I suspect that Arimav did the same mistake when testing their effects I wrote that to them on Discord; that part was probably wrong alarm Sorry Then there is for me personally only the problem that the alignment fields are not always filled in 3.5e

Sorry about that, I tried from CT and now it works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    Monster Codex,

Lizardfolk Berserker, Lizardfolk Champion, Lizardfolk Sorceror, Lizardfolk Stalker, Lizardfolk Swamp Lurker, and Lizardfolk Vanguard have HD entered incorrectly

Attachment 42223
    just bumping this again.... after a month

there are a few others too... in these paid for modules...
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; January 21st, 2021 at 08:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    just bumping this again.... after a month

there are a few others too... in these paid for modules...
    Is the '6 HD;' portion causing issues and needs to be removed? I'm asking as it appears as it does in the book and want to make sure of the mistake to help get this resolved.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Is the '6 HD;' portion causing issues and needs to be removed? I'm asking as it appears as it does in the book and want to make sure of the mistake to help get this resolved.
    I always remove the 6hd part when I put an npc in par5e and don’t have any issue so. 99.9% that it is what is causing the issue

Shadowcat

Thanks for the reply. What issue does it cause and is it needed during gameplay?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Oki, I just looked at the code:

The type field is used for the alignment check in PF1 (which was clear), while 3.5e uses the alignment field. Hence: It would be nice when the official modules of PF1 support the alignment field, too, many NPCs of the mini dungeon tome support that, but many others don't which messes up automation. But I can understand when 3.5e shall not be as supported by those modules as PF1
    I've never loaded into 3.5E (because it's "D&D" blech ) so I had no idea the fields were not identical for 3.5E and apparently things are not as cross-compatible as we were led to believe? I've only done one PFRPG adventure (a 99 cent one back when those were allowed lol) and was never told to make sure the NPCs were coded for both rulesets. Wouldn't surprise me if I needed to check that one for character encoding anyway so I guess I can see if I need to tweak any special data fields. That seems rather irresponsible to yank fields out of a ruleset when the tabletop game itself does in fact use them (just uses icons rather than text) for alignment, type and subtype.

Thanks for the reply. What issue does it cause and is it needed during gameplay?
    my guess is with the 6 HD in front it probably doesn't count the hit point properly, especially if you want them maximized. honestly the 6HD is more an information telling us (gm) the sum of each level :ex: 2d8 (monster) +4d10 (of fighter) + 12 (constitution, but parse just need the formula 2d8 +4d10 +12 to calculate max hit point (if you max them out in play). maybe the 6HD was used as information to calculate the save of the monster, but that is already provided (you don't do any calculation as the monster is already created), so it's just extra information. Like I said you could ask doug, but by removing it (i always just put the formula for villain codex (for example) i never heard of any issue (and the tend to have multiple class say 4fighter/2 wizard would have looked like 6HD 410+2d6 +(con mod), so i just put 4d10+2d6 +(con mod) and it works well. sorry for the lengthy reply

and like I said the issue is probably when you try to maximized their hit point (instead of using the average provided)

Shadowcat

It doesn't spawn the NPC

Thread Information